National Risk Assurance - Enterprise Performance Management Director
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 25 Nov 17 2017-11-25
National Risk Assurance - Enterprise Performance Management Director
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The Enterprise Systems Solutions (ESS) practice comprises a global network of professionals who provide a full range of services that drive companies to fully leverage enabling technologies and IT assets to enable business processes. Our teams bring industry-leading controls experience and expertise across multiple platforms, technologies and data.
Our teams provide multiple services, including:
-Enterprise systems controls integration and optimization;
-Enterprise system pre/post implementation services;
-Implementation of GRC enabled technologies;
-System implementation assurance;
-Program and portfolio assessments; and,
-Enterprise reporting and XBRL.
PwC ESS professionals bring the right mix of risk and controls experience, industry-specific knowledge and highly technical specialized skill sets into a client's environment. This mix of knowledge provides an integrated view beyond ERP to connect data in more meaningful ways.
Along with an end to end view of the IT ecosystem to drive efficiency, effectiveness and control for our clients.
The Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Assurance practice is comprised of specialists devoted to helping our clients maximize value from their performance management reporting initiatives through focusing on the management of risk and the effective use of internal controls. The EPM Assurance team is uniquely qualified to assist clients with these challenges because of our integrated knowledge of the financial reporting process, accounting and reporting requirements, risk and controls and related technologies.
- Assists clients to address risks and improve controls related to consolidation, planning, and period end financial reporting process and underlying information technology applications;
- Assesses, recommends, designs and configures
the following related to EPM and financial reporting;
- Business process internal controls and risk mitigation;
- Application layer security;
- EPM and GRC technologies and concepts.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 7 years of Governance, Risk and Compliance skills as related to EPM and supporting business processes.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics and/or other business fields of study.
Demonstrates proven thought leader knowledge and/or success in roles involving the direction of the "close-to-report" business process, internal controls, auditing techniques, and related overall lifecycle management for a global network of professional services firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- The closing of books;
- Intercompany transactions;
- Budget management and forecasting;
- External financial reporting; and,
- Internal management reporting.
Demonstrates proven thought leadership and success with identifying and obtaining new service opportunities and taking the opportunities through the sales cycle, including the following areas:
- Defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, and billing and collection;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including developing and sustaining extensive client relationships; and,
- Leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
Prior success in roles managing large teams in a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist is preferred.
Demonstrates proven thought leader-level abilities and success with project leadership and management of large engagements that involve facilitating staff and managers as they perform assessments to evaluate controls, security, and segregation of duties as it relates to EPM product optimization, implementation and/or configuration of EPM products, emphasizing the following areas:
Understanding clients' business, industry and/or technologies and leveraging extensive project management skills in relation to EPM projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules;
- Identifying key risks and controls, knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley readiness, controls optimization, as well as configuration of controls around security, business process and within the EPM modules;
- Working directly with systems integrators in developing business requirements and business controls in EPM implementations;
- Developing thought leadership and sharing lead practices on business processes, technologies and internal controls;
- Utilizing negotiation and persuasion skills used to sell potential new service opportunities, including a proven track record with identifying and converting potential engagement opportunities and developing market presence; and,
- Performing as a team leader by creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations, and respecting the work-life quality of team members
including providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress.