NYC Tax Senior Associate Personal Financial Services
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 01 Feb 18 2018-02-01
As a member of our Personal Financial Services practice, you will serve as a trusted advisor, providing guidance on the wide array of tax matters faced by our individual high net worth clients. PwCâ€™s Personal Financial Services practice is a national team of dedicated professional advisors who provide tax compliance, tax consulting, financial planning and other wealth enhancement services to high net worth individuals and their families across the US and internationally.
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting [provided all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations]
Certification(s) Required: Certified Public Accountant [or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA licensure], Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
Demonstrated considerable knowledge and proven success consulting with high net worth individuals with extensive experience in the following areas:
- individual income tax planning, wealth transfer planning, business succession planning, international tax planning and tax return compliance.
- Demonstrated and proven extensive technical skills including completing and reviewing the following tax forms: 1040, 706, 709, 1041, 3520, 3520-A, 8938, 5471, 8621, 8865, 1116 and FinCEN 114 for High Net Worth individuals.
- Demonstrated considerable experience with research, writing and consulting on various international tax matters, including: expatriation, voluntary disclosure, various cross-border consulting and compliance matters, foreign tax credit, treaty analysis and foreign national issues.
- Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; and, managing engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; answering questions and providing direction to less-experienced staff.