- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
NA Head of Emerging and Electronic Payments
NA Head of Emerging and Electronic Payments
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19025709
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) business provides integrated cash management and trade finance services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations across the globe. With the industry's most comprehensive suite of digital and mobile-enabled platforms, tools and analytics, TTS leads the way in delivering innovative and tailored solutions to its clients. Offerings include cash management, payments, receivables, liquidity management and investment services, working capital solutions, commercial card programs, and trade finance.
This is a leadership role within the TTS North America Payments & Receivables business, which manages and develops innovative solutions to help TTS clients across Public, Corporate and Financial Institution sectors efficiently collect and make payments. The team oversees a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of products that include Core domestic solutions such as Check Processing and ACH services, Cross-border payment solutions such as WorldLink, USD clearing and Electronic and Emerging solutions for digital collections, disbursements and reconciliation. The team also works closely with the Global Payments & Receivables team to commercialize global common solutions such as Instant Payments, Virtual Accounts, Payment Outlier Detection, C2B e-Commerce Collections and others in the North America region by working with the Regional Sales, Market Management, Technology, Operations, Servicing and Control function partners.
The Head of Emerging and Electronic Payments will be part of the NA Payments & Receivables management team and play a key leadership role in managing the P&L and Product roadmap and Commercialization for all electronic and emerging disbursements and data solutions that help drive payment digitization for TTS clients and strong P&L growth for TTS. These payment and data solutions help our clients improve their operational efficiency and optimize working capital for all their outgoing payments across both Consumer (B2C) and Business (B2B) flows.
The leader will also be an evangelist for Emerging Payments technologies and channels, both internally and to the marketplace, working closely with Product Management teams across the TTS business; Solution Sales Managers, Product Sales and Account Management; and key functional partners. This role will also manage product-level relationships with key third party vendor partners and technology partners and will assist in evaluating and building new partnership to ensure Citi is positioned to be a leader in the complex payments landscape.
Product Strategy & Positioning
• Define strategy for Citi's Electronic and Emerging Payments business and align with broader TTS goals
• P&L management of high-profile Emerging & Electronic Payments business. Manage revenue pipeline in coordination with Market Management and Sales partners and drive expense discipline with Finance, Technology and Vendor partners
• Drive product strategy and roadmap for emerging payments and data solutions based on client needs, competitive dynamics, industry trends and market evolution
• Create business cases that will drive investment decisions and product development roadmaps, including cross-product collaboration across North America and Global Payments & Receivables teams
• Build product positioning and work with Sales and Market Management partners to specifically address the needs of target market verticals
• Thought leader who can advise clients on how to digitize their business and optimize working capital by leveraging the innovations in payments
Product Management & Development
• Hire, retain and lead a team of high performing product managers
• Manage end-to-end commercialization of new features in coordination with global and regional functional partners include Product, Technology, Implementations and Operations
• Own the design, prototyping, validation, execution and commercialization of new product concepts across the payments and receivables products
• Partner across TTS product partners, regional and global, to identify product expansion opportunity - identifying the market need, defining the requirements and leading the execution
• Risk, Compliance and Vendor management and governance including leading new product approval processes for the Emerging and Electronic Payments portfolio
• Evaluate new partners for fit into TTS's overall P&R strategy
• Manage internal escalations around roadmap execution
Client Sales & Enablement
• Work with Sales and Market Management to identify target clients and product positioning including the full suite of TTS Cash Management products
• Coordinate and conduct sales and market management training
• Lead the charge of creating exemplary client experience from sales all the way through implementations and servicing working closely with Sales, Implementations, Servicing and Operations partners
• Work with Solution and Product Sales teams to refine product positioning and client value proposition. Support client pitches and RFP's as required
• Handle internal stakeholder and client escalations associated with Emerging and Electronic Payment products
• Minimum of 12 Years in banking with relevant exposure to the payments and cash management industry
• Innovative mindset to be open to new ideas, new ways of doing things, including being curious, flexible, courageous, and a connector with strong commercial experience
• Demonstrated ability to drive revenue growth by identifying most commercial opportunities with a strong and clear articulation of client value proposition
• Demonstrated ability to define strategy and lead product teams to deliver on major initiatives and tangible financial results for the company
• Critical skills for success include Strategic Thinking, Client Advisory, P&L Management, Product Management, People Management and the ability to work in a matrixed organization
• Strong communications and relationship building skills given the range of cross-functional engagement required for success
• Bachelor's Degree required. Technical background and/or MBA is an advantage
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have complementary skills and experience