Municipal Transportation Banking
Municipals Transportation Banking AVP/Analyst New York
As a member of Barclays Transportation and Infrastructure Finance team, the Assistant Vice President will gain a broad understanding of the Public Finance investment banking business by providing cross-functional assistance to senior bankers. Barclays' Transportation and Infrastructure Finance team is based in New York and focuses on providing coverage to transportation municipal clients as well as infrastructure project finance and public-private partnership ("P3") sectors.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Developing and evaluating debt profiles of various transportation and infrastructure clients and projects
- Performing financial modeling and cash flow analyses to value infrastructure assets, compete debt financing solutions, evaluate debt financing alternatives for public and private infrastructure entities, funding options for greenfield assets as well acquisition strategies for existing assets
- Drafting internal and external correspondence and client presentation materials discussing financing strategies, market trends, Barclays' qualifications, etc.
- Gathering, analyzing, and presenting financial data (e.g., government budgets and financial reports, economic/market data, financial forecasts, pricing results, etc.)
- Researching legislative, market, or other developments relevant to our transportation and infrastructure clients and projects
- Participating in transaction execution, including managing deal logistics, running cash flows, preparing investor and rating agency presentations, and reviewing financing documents
- Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays' Operational Risk Framework, and internal Barclays Policies and Standards
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, and/or Business Administration
- Experience in the financial industry and/or financial modeling
- Strong quantitative abilities and understanding of quantitative analysis, bond math and financial modeling concepts
- Demonstrated interest in public finance and infrastructure finance
Where will you be working?
- Clear proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- High level of energy, positive attitude and intellectual curiosity
- Strategic thinker, solutions-oriented, adaptable
- Ability to multitask while exhibiting a high level of attention to detail
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building. Regulated Role
This role is regulated by FINRA