Municipal Lending Analyst
This role is regulated by FINRA.
As a Barclays Municipal Lending Analyst, you will participate in municipal transactions and help source new opportunities. This is an opportunity to partner with public finance bankers and other team members to analyze structure alternatives and provide tailored solutions that meet our clients' financing needs. As a part of the Lending team, you will focus on providing clients with products such as loans, letters of credit, and lines of credit.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Drafting internal and external correspondence and client presentation materials discussing financing strategies, market trends, Barclays' qualifications, etc.
• Be responsible for performing financial modelling and cash flow analyses to evaluate debt financing alternatives for municipal entities
• Be responsible for gathering and presenting financial data (e.g., government budgets and financial reports, economic/ market data, financial forecasts, pricing results, etc.)
• Be responsible for maintaining databases and spreadsheets of liquidity and other financing positions and inputting/ updating data
• Be responsible for researching legislative, market, or other developments relevant to our municipal clients
• Be responsible for tracking and collecting issuer continuing disclosure data as well as developing and evaluating debt profiles of various clients
• Participating in transaction execution, including managing deal logistics, running cash flows, reviewing financing documents
• Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, our Operational Risk Framework, and internal Policies and Standards What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree and over two years of related experience
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent written communication skills, good organization and time-management skills, and attention to detail
• Demonstrated interest in public policy Skills that will help you in the role:
• Series 7, 52, and 63
• Experience within a Lending or Municipals business Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.