Municipal Credit Risk, Director
About the Team
The Derivatives Exposure Management team is a vital piece in our Risk governance framework as their key role is to calculate our derivatives exposures and liaise with members of both derivatives sales & credit risk management on a daily basis. Summary
Establish a new municipal finance credit risk team and provide senior level oversight of transactions and portfolio management for a counterparty credit portfolio. Responsibilities
- Establish a risk governance framework for municipal finance counterparties including review and enhancements to existing rating scorecards and annual review template, determine acceptable underwriting & trading criteria, and recommend portfolio limits.
- Understand and evaluate complex trading and financing strategies and ensure that all credit transactions are within approved Risk Appetite
- Oversee the development of financial models of issuers including projections
- Provide senior oversight and negotiation of credit documentation
- Understand key trends and issues related to financial, accounting, geopolitical, regulatory, tax and other relevant matters regarding issuers, industries, and jurisdictions
- Perform counterparty credit due diligence and properly incorporate findings into credit ratings, limit setting and transaction structures (including client suitability)
- Manage junior credit analysts and lead engagement with internal stakeholders across all three lines of defense including but not limited to senior management, sales & trading, banking, risk management, audit, etc
- 10 - 15 years of Municipal credit risk analysis including risk identification, financial modeling, credit documentation, and banking regulations
- Managerial experience but also have sufficient technical skills and willingness to perform all required tasks as needed
- Eligibility to work in local market
- Bachelor's degree in business administration with a concentration in finance, economics or accounting is preferred
- An MBA or CFA is not required, but desirable
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.