Moody's Data Science Development Program- Full Time
The Moody's Data Science Development Program
is a 2 year development opportunity that affords recent graduates the opportunity to work at the intersection of finance and technology; gaining in-depth domain knowledge, applying their skills, and developing new techniques to help solve real-world industry problems. Participants will gain exposure to the different business' at Moody's and play a vital role in modeling, visualizing, and interpreting critical data to help us continue to use data and technology, together, to transform and create new standards for our industry. You'll work with accomplished individuals, who share advanced degrees, certifications, and professional designations in fields such as data science, machine learning, AI, predictive analytics, mathematics, computer science, economics, and engineering. How the program works:
The program consists of 2, 12-month assignments, which may be rotated throughout our San Francisco and/or New York, offices.
Participants will have the opportunity to interact with senior Data Science and Technology leaders and participate in various key Data Science initiatives. Assignments span across all of the Moody's lines of business, providing program participants with a broad set of experiences and opportunities within our firm. Participants will engage in collaborative learning, have guided support from mentors, and be part of our cross-functional professional and social network; building a solid foundation to become future leaders of the company.
This full-time position as a Moody's data scientist provides a competitive salary, long-term incentive awards, and on-the-job training with real-world projects in a variety of disciplines. To determine assignments, participants will work with a dedicated Program Director who will discuss individual preferences and interests. These preferences are taken into account when assignments are determined, along with the needs of our business.
Rotational assignments vary in terms of the technology skills required, and may include assignments in: Analytical Tools and Solutions, Emerging Technologies, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) & Climate Risk, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Applications Systems, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, NLP, Data Science, and Data Engineering. Qualifications Qualifications:
- Completing a PhD or Masters Degree in Data Science, Data or Business Analytics, Operations Research, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science (with a focus on machine learning or AI), or a related quantitative discipline by June 2021
- Understanding of Finance/Capital Markets a plus
- Achieved exceptional academic performance
- Relevant experience (including projects and internships) demonstrating skills in research and analysis, and have experience analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools.
- Have a deep understanding of data science applications, techniques, or deep learning frameworks such as: statistical and predictive modeling concepts, new machine-learning approaches, NLP, data mining techniques, and optimization algorithms and applications
- Programing knowledge in one or more of the following: Python, R, SAS, SQL; preferred: AWS, Elasticsearch, GitHub, Docker or related
- Understanding of existing & emerging technologies
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude, learning agility, and adaptability
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.