Mobile Network Field Tester
We are seeking a technically-minded driver/data collector, responsible for executing our testing strategy. Responsibilities include traveling to cities throughout the U.S. to conduct extensive drive and indoor/outdoor walking tests for our performance benchmarking products. A startup mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude is required as are good communication skills, with a work style that is collaborative.
RootMetrics, an IHS Markit company, is driven by one fundamental goal: to provide insights that help improve the end-user mobile experience. Everything we do is designed to advance that goal and accurately show how consumers experience mobile performance. We provide our information free to the public and offer deeper cuts of our data to the mobile industry so that they can make improvements that benefit the consumer's daily mobile life. We've changed the game and set a new standard for mobile performance measurement, but we're not new to the technology space. As part of the IHS Markit family of integrated, global solutions, RootMetrics brings a management team with deep expertise in technology, mobile, data systems, and brand marketing.
We are seeking a technical driver/data collector, responsible for executing our testing strategy. Responsibilities include traveling to cities throughout the U.S. to conduct extensive drive and indoor/outdoor walking tests in order to measure the quality of service provided by cellular carriers. A startup mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude is required as are good communication skills, with a work style that is collaborative.
If you have a U.S. driver's license, a good driving record, an independent and hard-working spirit and are willing to travel domestically, then we'd love to hear from you. Responsibilities
Required Education & Experience
- Following GPS-provided driving directions, drives 8-12 hours a day for up to 21 consecutive days with possible extension
- Maintain inventory and maintenance of assigned equipment
- Accurate recording of daily tasks, activities and anomalies
- Booking of transportation and lodging as it is related to individual assignments
- Configures mobile phones and prepares mobile phone kits for data collection
- Performs other duties as required
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 7 years of safe automotive driving experience in the U.S.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and associated software applications
- Well versed in the use of smart phones and mobile phone technology
- Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be 25 or older (for rental car purposes) with a valid U.S. driver's license
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Good skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of the Android OS
- Good driving record for past 7 years; Department of Motor Vehicles report will be required
- Dependable, trustworthy, organized and efficient
- High principles for quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintains professional conduct at all times while representing the company, whether internally, with vendors, or to the general public
- Ability to carry cell phone equipment and walk for up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to travel domestically for up to 21 days at a time (with possible extension) by plane and vehicle
- Ability to travel on short notice
#RemoteInclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.