Microfocus PPM Senior Developer and Application Administrator
The Office of the CIO Technology Portal is used with the IT organization for reporting and data management in order to improve process agility, provide transparency around workforce/application metrics, and provide operation efficiencies within Project & Program Portfolio Governance.
This role is responsible to contribute in the platform for the data management dashboards and reports across the global enterprise. Work in response to requirements from the CIO and CAO teams to design, develop and maintain critical technology assets to support enterprise-wide operating capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with Analysts for understanding platform requirements.
- Develop software artifacts using Agile methodology
- Participate in Backlog refinement sessions and clarify domain related questions.
- Work in accordance with the team's Working Agreement.
- Escalate open issues to management for timely resolution.
Qualifications - External
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting front end development required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, with advanced degree preferred
- 4-6 years of experience as Microfocus PPM developer/programmer
- 4-6 years of experience as Microfocus PPM Admin
- 2-4 years of experience as full stack Java developer/programmer
- Should be comfortable with the following technology stack, tools and processes:
- core Java, JAVA 8 and above. Tomcat, Java SE
- object oriented programming concepts,
- functional programming concepts,
- hibernate, RDBMS, SQL (Oracle),
- Continuous integration
- Understand nuances of architecture and weigh-in on product design.
Optional, but encouraged
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Experience with PowerBI or Jaspersoft, either Reports or Dashboard development.
- Experience working in global teams across time zones
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design beneficial
- Experience of technology risk management processes and tools will be an added advantage.