Merchant Banking Division, Growth Equity Investing, Healthcare, Vice President/ Associate- New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division ("MBD") is the primary center for Goldman Sachs' long term principal investing activity. Within MBD, Goldman Sachs Growth Equity ("GS Growth") is a dedicated platform for venture capital and growth equity investments in leading companies that have built innovative technology or processes to transform their industries. Since 1994, GS Growth has partnered with more than 200 companies and invested more than $5 billion of capital across sectors including enterprise technology, financial technology, healthcare, and consumer. GS Growth seeks to partner with strong management teams to help companies achieve product, customer and geographic expansion. For more information about GS Growth, please visit: www.gs.com/gsgrowth .
GS Growth is looking for an experienced investment professional at the Vice President or Associate level to join our team in New York City and focus on investing in healthcare companies (e.g. digital health companies, healthcare information technology companies, and healthcare services companies). We make significant minority equity positions (5% - 40%) with ability to execute growth buyouts as well. The position offers an opportunity to play a vital role within a small team, leverage investment experience, and will provide significant exposure to senior management teams / Boards of Directors. Responsibilities
- Deal origination
- Relationship management with target companies and entrepreneurs
- Technical and business due diligence
- Financial modelling
- Development of investment theses and memos
- Ongoing monitoring and support of portfolio companies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Ability to interact and build relationships with senior management, entrepreneurs, and other investment professionals
- Ability and desire to analyze a wide variety of businesses in the healthcare industry with particular focus on digital healthcare, healthcare information technology (HCIT) and healthcare services companies
- Ability to self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form independent investment judgments
- 4+ years of experience with investing, preferably venture capital, growth equity and/or private equity investing in digital health, healthcare IT and healthcare services companies
- Demonstrable passion for both technology-enabled businesses and investing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and team-player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity