Media Relations & Communications Intern – Summer 2020
Job Description Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide support to all U.S. communications strategists and support proactive and reactive outreach efforts to top business and trade publications
- Operate the press line and press query inbox for media relations activities
- Compile media coverage reports for research reports and other promotional campaigns
- Build and maintain media distribution lists in Cision, the content management system we use to track and communicate with reporters
- Write and/or edit communications materials including press releases, social media copy. or Moodys.com content (depending on writing skill and comms acumen)
- Assist the communications strategists with pitching reports and high profile rating actions, as well as staffing media briefings and interviews as needed
- Help communications strategists prepare analysts for media briefings, including broadcast opportunities
- Contribute to social media communications and promotion strategy
- Graduating with minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent from December 2020- May 2022 with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, or related field
- Basic knowledge of finance or economics
- Very strong writing and diligent editing skills
- Very strong verbal communication skills
- Literacy in mass media and enthusiasm for news
- Excellent reading comprehension
- Preferred : experience with databases or content management systems
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.