Markets Business Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering Analyst
: Markets Business Management Team is seeking someone who is highly motivated and detail-oriented to support Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Business Sanctions topics on behalf of Markets, while contributing to the overall strategic direction of the Markets division. Preferred Job Responsibilities
: The incumbent will provide backup to the current Markets' Business Sanctions Coordinator (BSC), including, but not limited to, the following:
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Ensure Markets has written policies, procedures and controls reasonably designed to achieve compliance with BNYM's Global Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Know Your Customer (KYC) Policy.
- Complete new and/or update Business-Specific Data Lineage and Risk Coverage Mapping Cards, as necessary, and review with the BCO or equivalent for review and approval.
- Review, approve, and present new and materially revised Data Lineage and Risk Coverage Mapping Cards to the OFACAG.
- Notify branches globally of changes made to Markets Data Lineage and Risk Coverage Mapping Cards.
- Arrange for prompt distribution and communication of all economic sanctions related information and materials received from the Global Compliance Division.
- Act as a liaison between Markets and the Global Compliance and Legal Divisions, including providing the Legal Division and/or the Global Sanctions Compliance Officer with information necessary to properly respond to OFAC or other regulatory requests.
- Maintain updated and current OFAC surveys.
- Periodically meet with employees to discuss U.S. and/or Non-U.S. Sanctions Programs in order to raise the awareness among and to educate the employees on economic sanctions matters.
- Support a variety of AML related matters, including support of annual blocked property attestations, PEP reviews, DNDBW responses, which have direct, but unique impacts across Markets.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred. Related internship experience is a plus.
- Keen interest and/or background in AML or Sanctions and Regulatory related matters (e.g., KYC, AML Surveillance, Economic Sanctions, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Tax Evasion, etc.).
- Relevant knowledge of financial institutions/markets/products/transactions/services preferr ed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to be sensitive to the needs of stakeholders across the lines of business and our business partners.
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability keep sensitive information confidential and know how to use appropriately.
- Capable of identifying problems and working with more senior team members to begin to structure a solution or remedy to address issue(s).
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 0-1 years of experience preferred
- Related internship experience is a plus.