About this role BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. With over $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. With over $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
The BlackRock Sourcing and Vendor Management Organization in Finance seeks candidates for the Marketing and Professional Services categories in Sourcing/Procurement to support the deal life-cycle for some or all of the following subcategories: tax/audit consulting, legal services, non-IT consulting, all Marketing and all procurement-related initiatives on behalf of the Firm. Candidates with experience and technical depth related to negotiating and managing professional and marketing services vendors such as the Big 4 accounting firms and large media/ creative agencies are encouraged to apply.
Principal duties include:
- Development of strategic sourcing opportunities through the introduction of an ambitious bidding, proofs-of-concept, demand management, supplier consolidation, and process reengineering
- Partner with Category Leads, Vendor Risk, and Legal teams in the negotiation of: Master Services Agreements (MSAs), Statements of Work (SOWs), Audit and Fund Engagements, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) etc.
- Lead the full strategic sourcing cycle, including vendor identification and selection, price negotiation, and contract “red-lining” (editing).
- Depth in negotiating deals with non-IT consulting and accounting firms; creative, media and digital marketing agencies and other specific sub-categories in the relative space.
- Wealth of understanding various costing models, options and metrics.
- Drive the identification, planning and management of a pipeline of strategic sourcing projects.
- Run a robust pipeline of transactions in parallel with broader strategic projects.
- Market research and benchmarking of suppliers and related service categories.
- Coaching, mentoring, leading, and developing junior staff members.
- 8-10+ years of Marketing or Professional Services strategic sourcing experience.
- Category planning and management experience.
- Depth in understanding outstanding sustainability practices.
- A passion for the non-IT sector including a comprehensive understanding of market drivers, trends, and dynamics.
- Ability to influence persuade, motivate and elicit support for key initiatives from senior management and other key partners, by building and delivering clear, well-structured presentations.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external organizations.
- Ability to solicit and analyze multiple proposals, build corresponding business cases (including financial reports), and present clear recommendations.
- Effectively uses personal influence skills rather than authority to persuade others and gain support from senior leaders within global organizations
- Financial modelling skills so as to build multiple negotiation scenarios, total cost of ownership models, demand management models, consumption models, etc.
- Meaningful experience in drafting and redlining MSAs, SOWs and SLAs.
- Deep experience with ambitious bidding techniques (RFI, RFP, RFQ), vendor selection, vendor risk due diligence, operations management, and vendor dispute/escalation management.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills as well as the ability to negotiate concessions from suppliers with the internal client’s interests in mind.
- Shown ability to concurrently balance a significant pipeline of deals/transactions simultaneously, while identifying and supporting strategic business transformation initiatives.
- Some experience in managing, coaching, mentoring and leading junior sourcing professionals.
- Strong MS Office skills; particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Working experience with Coupa, Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire, SharePoint and P2P platforms desired, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with preferences for Computer Science, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Innovation Management, Technology Management, Operations Research, Government, Political Science, Sustainability Management, Legal Studies, or Paralegal Studies.
- Advanced degrees in Business, Marketing, Tax, Accounting, Law, or Mathematics or related areas are also preferred.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.