Market Workflow Risk Specialist - Enterprise Sales
We're Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we're an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You'll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people! It gives us the edge. What's the role?
Bloomberg is looking for a qualified corporate Risk professional to join our Market Workflow Specialist group. The team has strong asset class knowledge and deep understanding of client workflows and Bloomberg's product offerings. This is a client-facing, sales-oriented role, collaborating closely with various departments across Sales and Product teams to build and execute on strategies to retain maintain, and grow revenue.
Applicants should possess a deep body of knowledge and experience on how corporate treasury and corporate finance departments operate. You will be expected to build, align, and implement strategic and development objectives. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in mitigating risk in either FX or Fixed Income as well as an understanding of disruptive technologies, such as RPA, driving the transition of corporate treasury. Engagement with key corporate financial players is key in this role! We are looking for a motivated self-starter, comfortable in a fast paced, client-driven environment, with excellent communication skills. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Utilize your strong product knowledge, technical skills, and market knowledge to generate revenue for our terminal business and suite of Enterprise products
- Understand the competitive landscape, market and industry trends, impact our product and how clients use our product as a result of those factors
- Establish a Go-To-Market Strategy of initiatives that align with product, sales, and corporate goals to define key performance indicators as well as maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Understand our products functionality, how your clients can and could use it, what challenges they face and how our product will solve for their challenges
- Understand the product pipeline, effectively communicate it to our customers, and help product prioritize and build through a Pre-Sales process
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product through thought leadership and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients providing feedback to product managers on user demand, market practices, and product improvements
- Communicate the strategy for your product and asset class to the sales forces within Bloomberg
- Improve transparency and be a uniting presence between product, sales, marketing, engineering, and specialist groups
- Provide webinars/seminars, internal training, produce collateral, and drive insights for client solutions that anticipate and address client needs
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancements
At a minimum, we require that you:
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience working across financial services and / or with Corporations in their development and strategy areas.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service, and familiarity with other relevant market information platforms
- An extensive network of deep client relationships, and ties to applicable professional organizations, societies, and associations
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
- Strong presentation and training skills with the ability to convey sophisticated ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- Excellent negotiating and inter-personal skills, with the capacity to influence decisions and deliver results in a timely manner
- Willingness to travel in continental North America
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.