Market Surveillance Analyst - Energy and Metals Group
Market Surveillance Analysts monitor assigned products, related cash, & derivative markets in order to detect market conditions, positions or activity that could adversely affect Exchange contracts. Analysts are provided w/ tools & information sources that display manipulation & analysis of data related to trading activity, position maintenance & news. They work closely w/ experienced staff & develop the capacity to conduct high quality routine surveillance & investigations w/ minimal supervision. What you'll get:
What you'll do:
- â€<Exposure to CME's vast number of products and asset classes.
- A supportive environment that promotes career progression.
- The ability to have a direct impact on the markets by ensuring it's free from manipulation.
- The opportunity to work with several functional groups across departments.
- Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package.
- Communicate surveillance analyses and findings to department management and to other members of the department.
- Conduct investigations in connection with the departments monitoring of compliance with ex-pit transaction, position limit, delivery and reporting rules and are expected to develop a sound understanding of surveillance and product rules, deliveries and back-office protocols, and surveillance and investigative techniques.
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and will routinely engage market participants and representatives of clearing firms in conducting contract surveillance activities and case responsibilities.
- Monitor market participation, deliveries, news and economic performance of assigned products, and must demonstrate a solid understanding of the fundamental factors that influence the price of their assigned contracts.
What you'll need:
- Prepare written reports that are reviewed by management staff and, in situations involving material rule violations, presented to Exchange disciplinary committees.
- 0 - 2 years experience working for an exchange, a regulatory organization, a Dealer (BD), a Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) or similar organization (OPEN TO RECENT GRADUATES WITH RELEVANT INTERNSHIP OR CO-OP EXPERIENCE)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to research, schedule, analyze and present findings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a small-team environment with minimal supervision.
- MS Office: Intermediate to advanced MS Word, MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of various proprietary Market Regulation systems, preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an analytical field.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.