Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a major mining company looking to hire a Senior Market Analyst to join the team in their New York branch.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop top-down and bottom-up demand forecasts and models for the group with a major focus on the North American market (also taking global overview)
- Conduct base metal (aluminum, copper, nickel, zinc, lead, tin, related raw materials etc.) supply analysis through research into smelter production, secondary production and consumption, scrap and recycling market fundamentals
- Identify market risks as well as business opportunities for the group to maximise their potential and increase market value
- Conduct low carbon market assessments as well as ad-hoc analysis of relevant metal market movements and competitor analysis
- Reports into Global Head of Market Analysis
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Strong understanding of both upstream and downstream metal movement, ideally with knowledge of value creation across base metal supply chains (preferably aluminum, copper, zinc, nickel, lead, tin)
- Knowledge of business models at each stage of metal transformation with direct experience working within a primary or secondary producer / mining company
- Excellent knowledge of sustainability drivers, ESG, carbon neutrality and how this translates into demand and relation to EV / electromobility, renewable generation, green building and packaging
- Fluent English, additional languages a benefit (Spanish etc.)
- Located in New York / US