- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Market Risk Sr. Analyst - AVP
Market Risk Sr. Analyst - AVP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19023726
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Risk Analyst (VP or AVP) for Securitized Products provides independent risk oversight of the securitized markets business within ICG's GSP (Global Spread Products). These businesses cover a wide number of trading desks across a range of traded products, including residential and commercial mortgage securities both agency and non-agency, consumer ABS, and loans both residential and commercial.
- Work with each trading desk risk manager to ensure that all relevant market risk factors are properly identified and formally captured in official risk systems
- Assist in development and maintaining an appropriate independent market risk limits framework with applicable limits and triggers, and Independently monitor business compliance with the firm's market risk-related policies. Oversee risk exposure measurement and limit monitoring processes to ensure integrity and appropriate independence of reporting
- Assist in using and developing risk reporting analytical tools as needed. Develop prototype, and excel or other quantitative tool based analysis.
- Prepare presentation and management information deck, communicate key market, product, and risk intelligence to seniors and management
- Assist with Permitted Product strategic development and compliance control framework, aged inventory analysis, Basel Ex-Poste Reviews for Trading Book Boundary and Due Diligence, Top 10 Risk Framework
- Actively participate in the development of business-level stress testing
- Actively participate in the ongoing development, implementation and upgrade of risk systems including CRMR/VaR, LimitCentral/Volcker
- Small BAU tasks/projects which constitute direct integration with trading businesses and market in general, a fantastic learning opportunity
- Well defined mid to long term projects in working with senior mentors that require technical skills and strategic planning, enabling development in analytical capacity and critical thinking
- By being exposed to the wide-range of financial instruments traded across securitized markets, the role will enable the successful candidate to get a deeper understanding of the markets in which these products operate while at the same time gaining direct exposure to traders, research, Finance and Technology in addition to many other areas of Risk Management.
- As a quantitative discipline sitting close to the market and in the middle of credit and market risk areas with highly technical assignment, the group provides fundamental and direct opportunities to enable risk analyst in developing skills required in credit, quantitative, reporting and project management.
- Gaining deep understanding of some of the most complex mortgage, consumer and credit trading products
- Natural curiosity, intellectual capacity
- Good communicator, proficiency in PPT
- Quantitative inclined
- Good in excel/VB, technical confident
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Sound computing skills essential, prior programming and/or database management experience a plus
- Ability to transform complex topic into impactful stories using presentation
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills given the need for frequent interaction with senior management across both business and control functions
- Readiness to use initiative with limited supervision
- Ability to work well in groups and flexibility in addressing a number of projects simultaneously
- Willingness to resolve conflicts and work well under pressure
- Ability to evaluate both strategic and tactical issues related to the business
A degree in a quantitative or financial discipline.
Candidate should be a self-starter, analytically inclined, proficient and extremely comfortable in VBA, Excel and other related systems, be able to generate analysis in using system independently and with help of risk reporting team, be able to solve complex problems in a consistent as well as pragmatic way. Be able to assess real time risk associated complex transactions.