Market Risk Advisory, Associate
The Markets Risk Advisory (MRA) team provides sophisticated quantitative solutions and strategic risk management advice to Mizuho's corporate client base. The MRA team's work covers multiple asset classes (FX, interest rates, fixed income, commodities). It strives to enhance client relationships, and lead to client mandates / transactions across the Mizuho platform. Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Markets Risk Advisory senior associate include, but are not limited to:
- Develop advanced quantitative analysis and structure solutions to address treasury risk management topics with our corporate clients
- Research corporate client filings, public & private disclosures for information related to their hedging activities
- Collaborate with Derivatives sales, Debt & Equity capital markets sales, and investment banking partners to provide bespoke analytics and actionable client recommendations
- Prepare presentation materials for clients
- Attend client calls / meetings to deliver findings and recommendations
Client projects' area of focus will include:
- Optimal balance of fixed vs floating rate debt, asset liability risk management
- Analysis of event-driven opportunities: Deal contingent interest rate or currency risk in M&A deals, political / policy risks, etc
- Strategic hedging of company's balance sheet, earnings, cash flows, net investments, etc.
- G10 and Emerging Markets macro risks
- Pension plan optimal funding strategies
- Treasury risk management policy bench marking, hedge accounting considerations
Modeling techniques utilized by the team include:
- Monte Carlo Simulations of multiple asset classes: Rates, FX, Credit, Commodities, Equity
- Derivatives pricing, modeling, and strategy back testing
- Portfolio optimization under various frameworks (e.g. Black Litterman) and different sets of constraints
- Natural language processing
- 3-5 years prior experience, preferably with a Corporate client focus and/or on the sell-side, although will consider strong candidates on the buy side as well.
- Advanced quantitative education is required; MS in a Financial Engineering / Computational Finance program from a renowned institution
- Solid knowledge in FX and Interest Rate Derivatives
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience in at least one of the following programming languages: MATLAB, R, Python, or C++, in addition to VBA
- CFA a strong plus, but not a requirement
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.