Market Research Associate - NY
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Ratings is seeking a Market Research Associate for our Latin America Business Relationship Management team ("BRM") in New York or Chicago. The position will support the Corporates, and Sovereigns business areas.
The candidate will be a key member of the Latin America BRM business team. The principal objective is to promote Fitch's growth in strategic markets and cultivate relationships.
• The candidate will support the senior members of the Latin America BRM Team including local teams in the region in managing and developing Fitch's business relationships.
• The role requires a basic understanding of the debt capital markets and ratings business. Some exposure to corporate credit analysis considered helpful. The candidate must have strong analytical capabilities coupled with aspirations to develop marketing acumen longer term.
• The candidate will need to monitor news, debt issuances, corporate refinancing and M&A activities daily, and to look out for Fitch rating opportunities. He/she will be responsible for tracking all deals in the market and maintaining internal reports.
• The candidate will be responsible for research, development, and preparation of marketing materials under guidance from senior members of the team including monthly updates from pitchbooks. Individual must be self-sufficient and adept at putting together PowerPoint presentations and working with Excel spreadsheets.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably with a degree in business, economics, Latin America related field or analytically focused.
• Self-starter who can understand objectives, work independently and is highly motived.
• Basic programming skills and ability to gather and manipulate data.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills along with analytical aptitude.
• High level of focus on work quality and attention to detail.
• Team oriented, with ability to effectively build relationships both externally and internally.
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Professional proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese strongly preferred.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.