Market Research Associate
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Market Research Associate role is housed within the U.S. Corporate Finance Business Relationship Management (BRM) group based in New York. The candidate will be a key member of the Corporate BRM team. This Team's principal objective is to generate new Corporate Finance rating mandates through consistent and targeted marketing and relationship development amongst bankers, issuers and sponsors.
• The candidate will support the senior members of the US Corporate BRM Team in managing and developing Fitch's business relationships.
• The role requires a basic understanding of the debt capital markets and ratings business. Some exposure to corporate credit analysis through prior internships considered helpful. The candidate must have strong analytical capabilities coupled with aspirations to develop marketing/business development acumen longer term.
• The candidate will be responsible for research, development, and preparation of pitch books and other marketing materials under guidance from senior members of the team. Individual must be self-sufficient. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations would be helpful.
• The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing quantitative models and databases
• The candidate will need to monitor fixed income market news, debt issuances, corporate refinancing and M&A activities daily, and to look out for Fitch rating opportunities. He/she will be responsible for tracking deals in the market, maintaining internal reports and internal databases with company/ target and contacts information.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably with a degree in business, finance, economics or other analytically focused field of study.
• Self-starter who can understand objectives, work independently and is highly motived.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills along with analytical aptitude.
• Team oriented, with an ability to effectively build relationships both externally and internally.
• High level of focus on work quality and attention to detail.
• 0-2 years of relevant work experience
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp