Market Intelligence VP/Associate
Description About this role Global Market Intelligence
is a part of Corporate Strategy and is responsible for analyzing the financial services competitive landscape and providing insights along with supportive data to business teams across BlackRock to help shape strategic thinking.
Based in New York, this role will be responsible for analyzing competitive and industry trends across the investment and client segments in global asset management and translating this analysis into meaningful insights that will impact decision making. This is a highly visible role that will require competitor and industry subject matter expertise, an ability to analyze large sets of data, interpret trends, and generate insights. In addition, the role requires strong communication skills to articulate findings and insights with key business partners across the firm. Responsibilities
- Analyze trends and results of industry and media related data across the global asset management industry, including Mutual Funds, ETFs, and Alternatives along with client segments in Retail and Institutional
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative data points into insights and recommendation summaries
- Perform research on key competitors and emerging topical trends
- Partner with Corporate Strategy and Senior business leaders on strategic projects as a subject matter expert on the competitive landscape and provide analytic support for key metrics and trends
- Participate in market insights projects and proactively share results via presentations and written summaries to key business partners
- Foster relationships with business groups to enable collaboration and information sharing
- Produce on-going reporting and summaries for internal use across various business teams
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience preferred
- The ideal candidate will be currently operating in a similar role analyzing trends across the financial services market and translating into insights
- Excellent analytic and creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of intellectual ability combined with a lateral-thinking, creative and enquiring mind
- Ability to assimilate and interpret data from various sources and make recommendations using a combination of commercial judgement and analytic insight
- Experience in working with large sets of data and a proven ability to synthesize to isolate trends
- Strong communication skills, both verbal presentation and written to share insights with key partners
- Comfortable working with multiple levels across the organization, including support of senior leadership
- Experience in summarizing analysis into succinct written briefs/presentations as a narrative
- Enjoys working in cross-functional teams and developing collegial relationships
- Demonstrates curiosity around macro trends and current events
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.