Managing Director, Product & Engineering
Newmark Knight Frank (NKF)
is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents. About Workframe:
Workframe is a cloud-based workflow solution that was purpose-built for the commercial real estate industry. The application provides a portfolio-level view of real estate initiatives, giving large corporate tenants, landlords, brokers and service providers unprecedented visibility into their workflow and actionable data that can be leveraged to drive efficiency and process optimization.
The company was acquired by Newmark Group, Inc. in 2019, and is on a mission to drive value for the firm's service professionals and clients through a differentiated, tech-forward approach to client service. This is a rare opportunity to join a thriving, fast-paced, "startup-like" team within one of the world's premier commercial real estate firms. Role Description:
The Managing Director, Product & Engineering is a critical member of the Workframe team, with responsibility for overseeing the Engineering, Product and Design teams, as well as defining overall product strategy. The role will be focused on continuing to develop our software platform as an indispensable collaboration and workflow tool to service both NKF professionals and clients.
Based in New York City, the position will report to Workframe's Senior Managing Director. Essential Job Duties:
- Provide leadership and manage recruitment, growth and retention of talent across the Product, Engineering and Design teams;
- Collaborate with Workframe leadership and other critical business stakeholders to establish a long-term product vision and implement an execution strategy;
- Own the strategic product roadmap and drive development of features, processes and initiatives to improve user engagement and experience;
- Develop and promote a repeatable product process that supports rapid testing, learning and iterations across the Design, Engineering and Product teams;
- Identify pain points in our current engineering process and work with the team to surface and promote solutions;
- Work with our experienced development team to create a technical vision that is innovative and exciting, while being conducive to iterative product development and company growth;
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Be a core member of Workframe's leadership team, informing all major strategic decisions and helping shape our culture.
- 8+ years of work experience in a product or engineering leadership role (prior startup or enterprise SaaS experience is a plus);
- Proven track record of growing and directly managing a team of engineers, product managers and designers;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience building consensus across a wide range of team members in senior leadership positions;
- Strong problem-solving aptitude and a demonstrated history of to tackling complex challenges tactically and tactfully;
- Passion for creating products that drive measurable value and enhance the (working) lives of others;
- Positive, self-motivated and collaborative by nature, with a preference for reaching conclusions collaboratively, and leaning on the expertise of others;
- Ability to prioritize and balance small wins against large product initiatives; and
Benefits and Perks:
- Natural leadership abilities, as demonstrated by your experience building and motivating teams, celebrating success, and learning from mistakes by providing an environment of support for personal and team development.
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.