Managing Director - Global Fund Banking, NY
The NY Private Equity Services team manages all aspects of Venture and Private Equity client relationships, including deposits, loans, foreign exchange and other core products in the NY Metro Market. SVB is looking for a talented senior banker with exceptional credit, relationship management and leadership experience to join as we continue our growth in the NY market.
- Drive the growth and expansion of the practice.
- Lead from the front as a player and coach. Set the tone internally and externally via physical presence and modeling of SVB brand and core values.
- Provide senior leadership to the team and within the NY office.
- Develop new business opportunities
- Build deep and meaningful relationships with existing clients, prospective clients and market influencers
- Highly skilled negotiator and financial engineer in the fund finance space.
- Collaborate across multiple areas of the Bank, including: Commercial Bank; Private Bank and specialty teams.
- Seek out and represent SVB in public speaking opportunities
- Actively research and create mindshare on market conditions and industry
- Develop and host engaging events for clients across multiple mediums
- Drive process improvements in how the Bank is delivered to the market in an effort to make it easy for clients to do business with SVB
- Create an environment of teamwork and collaboration to produce outsized results.
- Create a fun and engaging work environment where mentorship/career development of team members are key priorities.
- Focus on inclusion and diversity.
- Extensive knowledge of credit analysis, structuring and negotiating of fund finance transactions.
- Extensive knowledge of loan documentation for fund finance transactions
- Relationship management and networking experience
- Experience in collaborating across cross functional and global team structures
- Project management experience
- Accustomed to putting the goals of the bank and the team ahead of their own
Team management and people development experience
- Being an internal and external business leader
- Comfort in working in a fast growing and paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills