Manager Research Analyst-Equities
ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
Within Equities, the Analyst will be responsible for managing relationships with investment managers; evaluating and recommending new external managers; creating risk and asset class guidelines for external managers; mentor and provide guidance to the less senior members of the Manager Research team, and help to commercialize the manager research function by representing the capabilities of the team at client meetings and new business pitches. Bachelor's Degree. Advanced Degree preferred. Investment experience consistent with 5+ years of related experience, typically gained through direct portfolio management responsibility and/or providing similar consultative support. Experienced analyst capable of complex analyses; strong knowledge of capital markets and investment trends. Experience working with a wide variety of clients. Consulting, asset owner and bank platform backgrounds preferred, with experience in, and ability to, create and implement asset class structure reviews. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years in direct investment manager research experience with an emphasis in equity investments such as US equities, international equities, emerging markets and global equities.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of investment strategies and capital markets
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Sound judgment, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive learner with strong intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work both collaboratively as a team member and independently
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks; flexible and self-motivated
- Resourcefulness/problem solving abilities
- Technological savvy; computer proficiency with Morningstar Direct, Microsoft Office
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree and/or CFA Charterholder preferred
Location: New York City, Pittsburgh, and Boston BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Wealth Management Organization:
WM Investments-HR13350} Requisition Number: