Manager, Oil & Gas Production, Non-OPEC
JobDescription : The Role:
Manager, Oil & Gas Production, Non-OPEC Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12 The Location:
New York, NY; London, UK; Houston, TX; or Singapore. The Team:
S&P Global Platts Analytics is looking for a proven manager for our Supply and Production Analytics team with expertise in international oil and gas supply modeling and forecasting. This person will lead a team that analyzes fundamentals of global oil, gas, and natural gas liquids production. The manager will be responsible for developing models and driving new product development. The team provides new and innovative research to clients to enable them to make informed trading, risk management and investment, and strategy decisions. The Impact:
As a Supply Manager, you will be a critical member of the Analytics Team, responsible for conducting market analysis and interpreting key supply and production data into actionable information for our clients. You will build out detailed analytical reports, models, and tools that will empower our clients to make business decisions based on strong fundamental analyses.
Your role will focus on strengthening the coverage within our current product portfolio, as well as broadening our reach with new and innovative reports and tools. Speed to market will be critical along with making the reports and analysis crisp, impactful and tradable. You will be part of a cross commodity team that ensures consistency in outlook across crude oil, natural gas, and NGLs. What's in it for you:
- You will manage a team of analysts responsible for forecasting supply.
- You will ensure all market analysis is relevant and delivered in a timely and impactful way to our customers.
- You will be responsible for developing new products to support client attraction and retention.
- You will provide the vision and leadership for development of analytics coverage.
- You will represent the S&P Global Platts Analytics view to customers and the media, working closely with our news teams.
- You will be expected to present at external conferences to promote our analysis and build the Platts Analytics brand in the industry.
- You will be a key member of the Platts Analytics Team
Crude Oil, Condensate, Natural Gas Liquids, Financial and/or Financial Modeling, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Research Responsibilities:
- Manage, develop and lead a global, market-leading team of analysts.
- Act as an intellectual leader at the forefront of analytics industry who ensures that future content development aligns with market needs.
- Provide direction on data and analysis related to global supply and demand outlooks and resulting price forecasts.
- Serve as a subject matter expert.
- Guide new product development to Platts Analytics' supply coverage.
What We're Looking For:
- Engage with clients and prospects to share our outlook.
- Showcase thought leadership externally by representing the analytics team at industry conferences and media engagements.
- Collaborate with the broader Platts organization ensuring cohesiveness with strategic direction and ensure alignment of approach.
- A strong leader with a global mindset who establishes and drives culture, collaboration, innovation, personal accountability and direction that delivers business success.
- Ability to set analytical strategy and translate ideas and targets into clear action plans and goals.
- Experience building and leading global teams.
- Demonstrated client-facing experience and ability to establish credibility with clients and team members.
- Strong decision making ability and ability to gain buy in on decisions and drive issues to completion.
- Innovative and strong problem-solving skills to streamline modeling processes and identify and implement improvements. Seen as a source of new and developing ideas on analytical best practices and methods.
- Ability guide product development to ensure flexibility to meet evolving customer needs while continuing to adhere to the model governance requirements of the organization.10 years of analytical experience in the oil and gas industry.
Advanced degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, and/or related field of study preferred.Equivalent experience within their discipline also considered.
Software: MATLAB, SQL, Excel (with VBA).
Excellent analysis, writing, and presentation abilities.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.