Manager, Investor Relations
Manager, Investor Relations Job Description
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a global alternative asset manager with over $385 billion in assets under management and more than a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity.
Brookfield Property Partners, through Brookfield Property Partners L.P. ("BPY") and its subsidiary Brookfield Property REIT Inc. ("BPR"), is one of the world's premier commercial real estate companies, with over $85 billion in total assets. We are leading owners, operators and investors in commercial real estate, with a diversified portfolio of premier office and retail assets,
as well as interests in multifamily, triple net lease, logistics, hospitality, self-storage, student housing and manufactured housing assets. Brookfield Property Partners L.P. is listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market and the Toronto Stock Exchange. Brookfield Property REIT is listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market.
The company is seeking an Investor Relations Manager to work closely with the Senior Vice President, Investor Relations in planning and execution of the company's investor relations program. The successful candidate will work effectively with counterparts in finance, compliance, branding & communications and other related departments in communicating the company's strategy and financial performance to the investment community. Responsibilities:
- Lead coordination of the company's quarterly/annual earnings announcements.
- Coordinate BPY's quarterly earnings dissemination process: work directly with finance team, senior management, news wire service and website developer to ensure earnings press release, financial information and letter to unitholders are approved and disseminated publicly without error each quarter. Coordinate logistics of BPY's public earnings conference call. *Requires a certain amount of work outside of normal business hours and extreme sensitivity to material company information.
- Manage the press release dissemination process for the company and its subsidiaries
- Manage content on company IR website, IR app as well as Twitter page
- Includes development and approval of text and pertinent documents, images, videos, etc. to be posted on the IR section of the company website and other digital channels. Work directly with web developer and other Brookfield business units including finance, compliance and private funds group to add and update information as necessary.
- Respond to inquiries from investment community, including sell-side analysts, institutional and retail shareholders.
- Assist Senior Vice President in communicating with investors and equity research analysts on issues including financial results, tax information, preferred shares, mailing of financial materials, etc. Respond to all retail shareholder inquiries.
- Coordinate investor events, including general shareholders' meetings, offsite conferences and tours, annual investor day and special events.
- Develop briefing materials for executive leadership ahead of investor conferences, include researching attendees and their firms prior to meetings and providing investor briefing books in advance of events.
- Prepare and provide regular sell-side analyst report summaries as well as consensus estimate summary in a timely and accurate manner to senior management.
- Peer monitoring and stock performance monitoring.
- Monitor material peer announcements and quarterly earnings and provide senior management with timely updates as pertinent. Monitor the company and overall market stock price performance and provide senior vice president with meaningful updates - following communications with our market maker - on any sudden price or volume movements.
- Prepare quarterly investor relations board slides & assist with updating the quarterly corporate profile (investor presentation) and investor factsheet
- Board slides include updates on stock ownership, analyst estimates, investor relations activity, short selling as well peer performance. The corporate profile is the primary presentation utilized in investor meetings and provides an overview of the business and investment proposition.
- Manage and be primary point of contact for all IR vendor relationships
- This includes managing the relationship with service providers of press release newswire services, stock surveillance, targeting, perception, annual report printing houses, webcast services, website & app developers, etc..
- 3-6 years related business experience, either within in-house Investor Relations, Communications or Corporate Finance department or related outside agency
- Bachelor's Degree in Corporate/Business Communications or relevant major required; Master's Degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills and overall attention to detail
- Experience and expertise in managing web content
- Preferred knowledge of the following multi-media tools:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint (advanced knowledge is preferred)
- Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, including senior management
- Strong organizational, multitasking and time management skills
- Must be a proactive self-starter, take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to keep abreast of current industry/trade trends and emerging strategies
- High level of discretion while dealing with sensitive, potentially market-moving financial information
- Familiarity with accounting principles and financial reporting