Manager, Global Tax Reporting
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
Manager, Global Tax Reporting
The Role: Manager, Global Tax Reporting
The Location: 55 Water Street New York, NY
S&P Global is seeking a Tax Manager with experience in tax reporting. The primary responsibility will include administering and maintaining the software used in the tax reporting process. Responsibilities will also include assisting with quarterly tax close procedures and supporting other members of the tax group on special projects, as needed.
The Impact: Tax rules within the jurisdictions in which S&P Global operates are constantly evolving. To account for this complexity and to add efficiency to the tax reporting process, the tax group leverages technology whenever possible. In this role, the Manager, Global Tax Reporting will have primary responsibility for maintaining these systems to ensure all calculations make use of the latest information obtained from multiple sources.
• Administer the ONESOURCE Tax Provision application, including the ONESOURCE Global Access Module
• Maintain the Company's tax reserve inventory under ASC 740-10 (formerly FIN 48) in ONESOURCE Uncertain Tax Positions software
• Provide user training and maintain user and administrative documentation for all software used in the tax provision process
• Maintain all elements of the ONESOURCE Tax Provision application including, but not limited to: users, legal entities, jurisdictions, foreign exchange rates, etc.
• Assist with the interim and annual tax close processes.
• Provide support to the tax compliance and tax planning groups as needed
• Assist with the annual return to provision calculation and posting of adjustments
• Provide general ledger data from Oracle via TM1 and Microsoft Access
• Maintain the document management and workflow management systems for the tax reporting group in Microsoft SharePoint
• Each reporting period, provide documentation for key calculations and other requested support to external auditors as directed
• Assist with special projects as needed
• BA/BS degree in accounting, finance, computer science, or related field
• 5 years plus of professional experience (accounting or technology field preferred)
• Demonstrated expertise in tax provision or tax compliance software, preferably ONESOURCE Tax Provision
• Experience in accounting for income taxes under ASC 740.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills
• Experience with Oracle and/or TM1 preferred
• Works well independently and in a team environment
• Strong analytical, verbal and written communication, project management and organizational skills required
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.