Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 16 Jan 19
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Title: Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Position Type: Manager, Financial Analysis
Location: 55 Water Street New York, NY
The Role: The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis position is an integral part of the Finance function supporting all business units in all regions. This individual will help lead the forecasting process including monthly estimates and the annual budgeting process by providing guidance to all stakeholders and consolidating results. In addition this position will work closely with the Treasury function to help manage the capital allocation strategy, the Strategy team to provide financial context to the strategic direction, and the Global Controller's group to support reporting.
- Responsible for the overall financial analysis / planning operation across the entire enterprise.
- Advises financial planning and evaluation, financial reporting, interpretation/analysis of the results. Builds and delivers all financial reports.
- Works on strategic projects within the Enterprise FP&A and Corporate Strategy teams including development/project management of new software.
- Provide day to day support and insight to divisional finance teams particularly around forecasting deliverable.
- Work closely with the treasury function to support SPGI's capital allocation framework.
- Ensuring monthly and quarterly reporting cycle works effectively by assisting internal data providers and coordinating with the Corporate Controllers function.
- Assists management to develop financial estimates and budgets. Establishes and maintains comprehensive and transparent financial models to support analysis.
- Applies the best financial practices, knowledge of strategic objectives and understanding of market drivers and competitive landscape to impact business results.
- 6 years plus experience in accounting or finance preferred.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues and ideas
- Attentive to accuracy, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/act acts on quality problems
- Proven design abilities for reports/dashboards in Business Intelligence solutions
- Self-starter and Independent thinker who acts creatively to problem solve.
- Familiar with multiple business functions (Marketing, Product, Finance et al.) and comfortable engaging with various stakeholders including C-level executives
- Passionate about using data to drive business decisions
- Comfortable managing the delivery of high quality outputs with overlapping deadlines and tight time constraints
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.