Manager - Healthcare Technology Strategy
Manager - Healthcare Technology Strategy
An effective Manager delivers on strategy with hands on implementation and operations experience. We work to understand overarching business strategy at a deep level, going far beyond the C-Suite to uncover insights. We create solutions that are sharply focused while taking the full operating model into account, from people and intellectual capital to technology and processes. And when it comes time to put technology to work, we bring a demonstrated depth of knowledge to solution design, selection and implementation.
Work you'll do
As a Manager, you will use the alignment of business and IT Strategy to help clients take advantage of changing market forces and trends. Our practitioners advise, develop and execute effective IT visions, strategies and roadmaps, in direct alignment and support of client business and technology objectives. Our Firm's areas of focus include IT Strategy Transformation, Enterprise Architecture, Agile Advisory, and Application Strategy, Selection and, Rationalization. The team
Our Strategy practice brings together several key capabilities that will allow us to architect integrated programs that transform our clients' businesses, including Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Technology Strategy & Insights, Enterprise Model Design, Enterprise Cloud Strategy and Business Transformation.
Strategy professionals will serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear data-driven choices about where to play and how to win, in order to drive growth and enterprise value.
Strategy will help our clients:
• Identify strategies for growth and value creation
• Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
• Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and Cloud trends to architect future business strategies
In addition our Health Care industry focuses on assisting those organizations that are responsible for the delivery, funding and payment management of health care and medical related services. Clients include hospitals, academic medical centers, health systems, home health agencies, long term care, outpatient facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, practitioners and physician groups as well as health plans, other health insurance companies, and pharmacy benefit managers. Also drives integration with government agencies.
- 10+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 4 years of experience managing large technology engagements
- A minimum of 6 full life cycle implementations
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
- 8+ years' experience in IT strategy or IT management roles
- Demonstrated prior experience in managing teams of 10 + resources through design, development, and/or operations of complex technology environments (programs, applications, systems and/or infrastructure)
- Executed projects with the following domains: Underwriting, Distribution, Claims, Marketing, Channels, Finance, Billing
- Experience with Big Data, Cloud technologies, Data Visualization or Data Warehousing (Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, AWS, Azure, GPC, Informatica, SSIS, Tableau, QLIK, PowerBI et all)
- Experience with Insurance Core System Products (Guidewire, Duck Creek et all)
- Demonstrated prior experience in managing technology assessments and developing strategic recommendations
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement, leveraging information and technology
- Bachelor's Degree
How you'll grow
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization preferred
- Understanding and experience with IT economics - including popular financial measures (such as CFROI, TCO etc)
- Experience working in a relevant technical role, either with another consultancy, with a vendor or within an enterprise IT team
- Experience with IT organization design and management principles/techniques as well as IT management tools (e.g., Mercury, PlanView, ProSight, Niku)
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCMGRSF742-SA