- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 17
Location: New York, NY, USACore Purpose of Role: Supports the Service Management team to effectively manage the day-to-day IT Service Delivery by the Service Providers and continuously improve the quality of the services delivered. This may encompass one or more of the following responsibilities:
• Support the delivery of IT service to agreed Service Levels
• Supervising and reporting on the delivery of a service from internal and external providers to ensure optimal performance in line with agreed service levels
• Build and maintain effective relationships with peers in the Service Provider organisation
• Support day-to-day Service Delivery Management, be responsive and act pro-active regarding any issues arising outside normal service delivery
• Gather information regarding performance by the Service Providers and escalate any discrepancies to the Service Manager
• Collate information to support the Service Manager in meetings with the Service Providers
• Pro-active involvement in continuous improvement opportunities such as new process and system rollouts
• Process management: Support, through a dedicated execution or governance of one area of the following service management process, which may include:
• Incident Management - detection, escalation, investigation & diagnosis and resolution of incidents
• Problem Management - review of problem trends , proactively taking actions to identify problems and remove errors, coordination of actions required for Root Cause Analysis problems to analyze for root cause,
• Change Management - coordinating of change functions and activities
• Release - Implementation of IT changes, upgrades, releases or installations.
• Service Level - maintaining the availability and reliability of IT services
• Capacity - maintenance of adequate IT capacity exists to meet required levels of service
• Availability - analysis of existing availability issues and problems
• Continuous Service Improvement and Reporting - identifying and delivering against opportunities to improve
• Support effective communication to end users regarding IT Service Delivery
• Draft messages, reports and presentations intended for supporting the decisions of senior management
• Maintain relevant intranet sites, project or process documentation
• Support the acceptance of new systems/processes into live environment
• Provide expertise on optimal support models for new services and processes
• Support the evaluation of new services and processes before they are officially accepted into the live environment
• Communicate existing processes and procedures to ensure clear Project Manager understanding of what is required before new services are accepted into the live environment
• Responsibility for own learning, performance and continuous development
• Set and agree objectives with line manager
• Establish and develop the role in alignment to MIT objectives
• Produce a learning and development plan for discussion with line manager
• Uphold the core values, aims and objectives of Tech Ops
• Work Collaboratively with teams outside of Service Management, both business and IT, and exert influence to deliver services and processes within a matrix organization
Moody's Information Technology
Minimum 7 plus years of experience
• A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree required; Information Technology, or related technical field preferred.
• ITIL v3® foundation or practitioner level certification preferred
• Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®),PMI, Prince2® or equivalent project management qualification preferred
• Familiarity with Service-Now, BMC Remedy or equivalent preferable
• Track record of engaging stakeholders across multiple business and IT functions and at a range of management levels
• Track record of managing or working alongside IT suppliers on behalf of the business
• Strong MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint and MS Word skills.
• Experience analysing, operating and supporting the design of IT processes
• Superior written, oral, communication and presentation skills - ability to prepare high quality reports for MIT stakeholders, including senior management
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.