Mainframe DB2 Systems Analyst (Principal, Infrastructure Operations)
Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation
Our Mainframe Services
team delivers 24x7x365-capable infrastructure supporting over 44% of PBS critical applications at the bank.
As part of TSG and the Mainframe Services Team, Mainframe DB2 Systems delivers infrastructure support to critical applications along with service to all BNY Mellon lines of business. The Role
We are seeking a Mainframe DB2 Systems Analyst
to join our Mainframe Db2 Systems team. DB2 and DB2 Connect
is the TSG group responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining DB2, and Db2 Connect and related software products.
We are responsible for over 15,000 DB2 Connect clients, 80 DB2 member subsystems; productivity tools; performance and monitoring tools; and database utilities.
While our primary focus is on the mainframe, we have responsibility for installation and support for many DB2 Connect clients, Rocket Shadow and EDA Clients that connect to the mainframe from Linux, UNIX and Windows. Responsibilities:
- Install/configure/upgrade DB2 (V12 implementation a plus) and related software products. This includes middleware. products that may have both mainframe and distributed components.
- Troubleshoot DB2 Connect and DB2 subsystem problems.
- Customize software to meet user needs.
- Communication, scheduling, and coordination for changes, requests, and incidents.
- Initiate and participate in Proofs of Concept for new technologies.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Work after normal business hours and on weekends to perform software upgrades and coverage.
- Support multiple projects/upgrades/initiatives simultaneously.
- Be available to provide 24X7 coverage and support and respond to calls for assistance in a timely manner.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8- 10 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of DB2 Connect, building DB2 Connect installation scripts and working with software distribution teams to deploy and configure the DB2 Connect software at the latest release/FixPacks levels.
- Strong knowledge of DB2 Connect including installation and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Mainframe Systems Programming background, including SMPE.
- Senior level knowledge of DB2 and DB2 Data Sharing.
- Experience working with vendors to resolve software issues.
- Installation and Maintenance of Program Product Installations (with creating Implementation and Backout Plans)
- Ability to provide 24x7 support for DB2 and Product installations and the many mainframe initiatives.
- Knowledge in Rexx Programming are huge pluses
- Experience with installing and supporting QREP are huge pluses.
- Experience with Performance/Monitoring products and performance tuning is a plus
- Able to communicate effectively with application programmers and DBA's.
- Troubleshoot DB2 subsystem problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Experience of working with IMS either as a systems programmer or as a DBA is a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals.
Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation.
Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality.
Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met.
Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation.
Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately.
Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution.
Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity
MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
10 - 12 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus