- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18063147
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization
CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
· Manage an existing portfolio consisting of 100-200 credit relationships.
· Structure, underwrite, approve, and document new credit transactions including secured margin facilities (MSBF), Pre Settlement Exposure (PSE) for foreign exchange (FX) and Derivatives facilities, as well as Standby Letters of Credit (SBLCs) for the US, and EMEA.
· Prepare and timely complete periodic reviews of existing assigned credit facilities.
· Collateral Monitoring - coordinate any margin call deferrals/approvals if a shortfall situation arises.
· Coordinate the initiation of new MSBF (liquid/diversified collateral) credit transactions with the CPB U.S. and EMEA banker teams, periodically working in concert with Investment Finance Origination partners in the CPB U.S. and EMEA regions.
· Manage the Private Banker teams' expectations, set workflow schedules and priorities to ensure timely completion of credit transactions within standard turnaround timeframes.
· Conduct proper due diligence, follow standard underwriting guidelines within the framework of CPB Risk Core Credit Policies and procedures and the Global MSBF product program (including KYC review, risk rating and collateral analysis, etc.) and complete the approval process on a timely basis.
· Prepare standard MSBF loan documentation and arrange with the banker teams and their clients to have documents properly executed and loans funded expeditiously.
· Provide backup for other team members: US, EMEA and PSE, etc.
· Ensure all assigned annual reviews are completed on schedule with minimal extensions/deferrals.
· Coach and advise banker teams on basic credit policies, procedures and product suitability/structure.
· Partner effectively with other product specialty teams: Letters of Credit, Capital Markets, Trust, etc.
· Manage deal pipeline database, coordinate accurate MIS within the Program Credit team.
· Comply with all Fair Lending and other federal banking regulations, including proper notification standards and disclosure rules under ECOA/Regulation B.
· Assist in development and implementation of risk rating models.
· Must have thorough knowledge of secured margin lending and letter of credit underwriting processes.
· Experience with and strong working knowledge of standard margin loan documentation.
· Solid working knowledge of Federal Banking Regulations, especially Fair Lending regulations (ECOA, FACTA, CRA, FCRA, Reg O, Reg U, Reg W, etc.)
· Very strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
· Good working knowledge of systems/MIS such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, standard credit databases.
· Ability to effectively negotiate with bankers, internal peers, and occasionally external clients, as well as coordinate with outside counsel when necessary.
· Minimum of 2-3 years of corporate middle market, consumer banking or private banking credit underwriting experience for a nationally known bank or financial institution.
· Good knowledge of statistics and financial mathematics and apply to modelling
· Familiar with Python programming and model development
· Familiar with Excel programming and modelling
· Ability to work with model development team of ICG and relay to CPB colleagues.
· Familiarity with Citi risk rating model and policy.
· Bachelor degree. Preferably with a business or finance major.
· Formal in-house bank credit training is strongly preferred.