MI Data - Data Analyst
A Career with Point72's Market Intelligence Data team
At Point72, our Data Analysts sift through petabytes of unstructured data from diverse sources to discover trends and insights that help Point72's Portfolio Managers create new investment theses. We combine an experiment-based approach with the strongest possible management support and the freedom to innovate unencumbered by bureaucracy. We encourage our Data Analysts to imagine the impossible and provide the structure to bring those ideas to market in months, not years.
What you'll do
As a Data Analyst at Point72, you will collaborate with senior team members to conduct data driven research through data mining and statistical techniques. Your goal will be to discover insights from Big Data to be used by our investment professionals to make investment decisions. You will have the opportunity to work in a highly collegial environment that emphasizes teaching and learning as a team. In this role, you will:
- Partner with a collaborative group of Data Scientists to tackle the challenges of featurizing and modeling large and unstructured data using machine learning and statistical techniques
- Work with senior team members to tackle all aspects of the research and execution process including methodology selection, data collection and quality, modeling and analysis, and performance monitoring
- Support the MI Data team with the development, refinement, and delivery of research findings to investment teams, portfolio managers, and other internal clients
- Work within a team to help drive technical innovation through a collaborative R&D process
We look for candidates with strong fundamental backgrounds in statistics and data science techniques, coupled with a desire to learn and grow their skills with the MI Data team. Other requirements include:
- Top academic credentials with a quantitative degree
- 0-2 years of industry working experience in a role that requires statistical analysis
- 0-2 years of hands-on working experience with varied and complex data sets
- Strong programming skills in a subset of the following languages: SQL, Python (preferred), R, Scala, Spark
- Ability to think creatively and see the big picture as well as finer details
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 is a global asset management firm led by Steven Cohen that uses Discretionary Long/Short, Macro, and Systematic strategies to invest in eight offices across the globe. We look for people who want to build a career with us - people who want to innovate, experiment, and be the best at what they do - while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.