MD, Global Head of Ratings Thought Leadership
The Analytical Research and Development team is a global high-performing team, which plays a strategic role in the overall success of the organization.
It has been recently combined the sustainable finance and the analytical development teams to form a transversal and innovative center of excellence for S&P Global Ratings.
The research team's purpose is to generate unique market-leading insight on the credit implications of a complex and fast changing environment, helping market participants make decisions with conviction. Impact:
Working closely with the economic and analytical teams, the ratings research team analyses complex macro, credit and market trends, linking the dots across asset classes, to define the house base-case and key risks. It provides the markets with timely, relevant and insightful research on the credit implications of a fast-changing world.
The team acts as a catalyst by connecting people and content across S&P Global. We leverage a unique network of 1500 rating analysts and connect with experts across S&P Global to generate unique thought leadership. Examples of thematic research include global leverage, cybersecurity, global market liquidity, energy transition, sustainable finance, China in transition.
The research team represents S&P Global Ratings in the market and acts as spokesperson on a wide range of topics. What's in it for you:
In this newly created position of Global Head of Thought Leadership, you will be managing a team of a dozen of strong credit research professionals and you will be partnering with the regional heads of research, the economists, the ratings analysts to drive and implement the thought leadership strategy across S&P Global Ratings.
You will play an important role in defining the thought leadership strategy, identifying the key research themes, developing cutting-edge research and collaborating with marketing and communication to maximize market impact. You will have exposure to senior internal and external stakeholders. Responsibilities: Customer focus and thought leadership strategy
Leadership and management
- Strategically drive the thought leadership agenda to position S&P Global Ratings as a thought leader in the markets: identify research themes based on forward-looking credit, financial and macro trends and areas of interest in the markets, ensure that our publications are relevant, insightful, timely, with clear messages and compelling visuals.
- Work with marketing, editorial and communication to ensure a targeted and strategic distribution of the research to enhance impact in the markets.
- Engage in active dialog with market participants to represent our research and pick up trends in the markets.
Partnering and influence
- Highly collaborative professional that leads through authentic influence and can galvanize the team by bringing forward passion, enthusiasm, and energy in the work/research produced.
- Manage a team of a dozen of credit research professionals, coach team members to support their development and operate at their fullest potential in an inclusive and dynamic team environment.
- Ensure that the team operates efficiently and collaboratively, leveraging its unique set of expertise and data. Provide direction and sign-off on high profile publications.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Leverage the outstanding network of ratings analysts, economists and experts across the organization and create engagement to produce market leading research, notably though the Thematic Research Labs.
- Engage and partner with key internal and external stakeholders to drive the research agenda.
- Deep understanding of the trends impacting the credit and financial markets, ability to connect the dots and analyze complex macro-credit trends, high credibility to internal and external constituents
- Good understanding of market needs; track record in developing compelling content with clear and well supported opinions, good visuals; understanding of content distribution tactics.
- Proven ability to navigate complex matrix environments, influence and gain buy-in from a large range of stakeholders including at a senior level
- Counselor, integrator, situational leadership style; demonstrated ability to manage teams and drive engagement
- Innovative mindset, ability to challenge the status quo and anticipate needs and trends in the markets.
- Proactive decision maker. Ability to organize and manage cross-project dependencies and coordinate with other teams across the organization.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be a spokesperson for S&P on a wide range of topics
- Over 15 years of relevant industry experience in credit analysis; with demonstrated knowledge of capital markets, industry trends and macro-economics
- S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $277,000 to $374,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
- This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit http://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
265034 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States