MD - Marketing and Product Strategy
Job Description The Managing Director - Global Head of Product Strategy and Marketing for the Moody's CreditView suite of services is a member of the Content Solutions Leadership team responsible for the general management, strategic oversight and direction for Moody's flagship research, data and analytics solution globally.
The Managing Director position manages over 70 professionals across various functions. Personnel are spread across multiple offices.
This position is responsible for the global revenue and operating income objectives for this business unit - one of the largest in Moody's Analytics. This position requires (i) a deep understanding of Financial Institutions including; banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and supra-nationals, corporates and others participating in the global credit and fixed income arena (ii) extensive knowledge of the bond and loan markets for corporates, banks, insurance, project and infrastructure finance, sovereign, public finance and structured finance (iii) extensive knowledge of the financial information, research and analytics industries (iv) in-depth understanding of how to set strategy supported by robust business cases, (v) demonstrated ability to consistently meet product development and delivery timelines on time and on budget, (vi) develop and execute professional go-to market strategies and global customer experience programmes to drive growth of the business across multiple time horizons, products, and services given our technology architecture, and (vii) oversee first class customer intelligence capabilities to ensure the business remains at the forefront of the industry and pursues a customer centric investment and delivery focus.
This role also manages the operations and production of: analytical content, client experience, and awareness content as well as marketing material to promote Moody's first class capabilities. Moody's CreditView is extensive in terms of the breadth of research, data and tools delivered and the market relevant information being disseminated across multiple channels on companies, securities, sectors, systems, topics and themes. Moody's CreditView is the primary platform for the dissemination of content from Moody's Investors Service, which is a regulated entity, and must therefore ensure of alignment of activities to support MIS meet their regulatory obligations for information display and dissemination. The Managing Director is responsible for supporting and growing this business.
- Responsible for growing revenue through new product innovation, coverage, content and capability extensions or new introductions.
- Develop and lead implementation of business plans to achieve financial goals, including overseeing the Annual Strategic Plan review process, the Product/Business Unit Portfolio review process, the Annual Business Unit Plan review and consolidation process, and the Annual Budget process
- Communicate strategies and financial impact to senior management and key internal stakeholders to obtain buy-in.
- Manage the process for identifying and assessing potential acquisition targets to support MA's revenue-growth plan
- Manage a global team of over 70 professionals across various functions globally and partner across Content Solutions functional teams to deliver business, development and operational outcomes.
- Define strategic direction for the business and execute those strategies
- Develop and lead implementation of business unit monitoring and control strategies to ensure operational efficiencies are accurately measured and that investments are realised on time and on budget under an agile development model
- Develop the product distribution and marketing strategy for MIS content.
- Oversee a team of product and engagement strategists to develop content distribution strategies for all MIS content online (all MIS content is distributed to clients via Moody's websites) and other content relevant to the global customer base.
- The content distribution strategy may include developing concepts for interactive or software tools and features, which will then be developed by the web and data strategy team.
- Liaises with MIS Ratings and Research organization, Moody's affiliates, Third Parties and within Content Solutions partner with the Development, Design, Program Management and other content businesses to augment the business opportunities of the division.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) and Graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) in finance, marketing or a related field.
- 20+ years of progressive financial industry experience with 7+ years of system/business analysis experience required.
- Proven track record of growing product innovation and increasing product revenue.
- Teamwork: Demonstrate ability to work with multiple teams and functions across an organization to deliver on high profile cross-group initiatives, in particular development, sales and operations
- Strong experience in analysis and implementation of business strategies.
- Strong experience in evaluation of risk management systems.
- Experience building or leading a high performing, multi-disciplinary team spanning multiple geographic locations.
- Ability to lead large teams in resolving complex analytical, market and operational issues.
- Must possess initiative and have a customer-centric and service focus.
- Experience interacting with senior executives (i.e., ED level and above).
- Evidence of being self-disciplined, highly organized, able to multi-task, and attentive to detail.
- Experience developing s trong internal and external relationships (i.e., with clients, vendors, strategic partners, etc.)
- Experience with the sales process; must be able to w ork with the sales and service organisation to negotiate mutually beneficial commercial agreements with our clients and vendors.
- Must empower and develop others to be innovative.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.