IHS Markit's Securitized Products Pricing group provides independent evaluated pricing across Non-agency RMBS, Agency CMOs, Agency Pass-throughs, Consumer ABS, CMBS, European ABS, CDOs and CLOs. IHS Markit's services are used by key financial institutions to help them optimize their price verification, audit and risk management processes.
An opportunity exists for an evaluator in the Securitized Products pricing team. The position will primarily include covering Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) and Asset Backed Securities (ABS) as well as the potential for involvement across other areas of the product. The group is based in New York with teams in London and Noida/Gurgaon. Duties and accountabilities:
Education and experience:
- Evaluate and generate cash flows and prices of Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) and Asset Backed Securities (ABS) daily using internal and industry tools
- Utilize market color and information from Markit Parsing to better our pricing offering and accurately reflect changes in the market by adjusting assumptions and refining inputs
- Adjust daily pricing assumptions to reflect security performance in current market conditions
- Assess relative value for securities by analyzing collateral market trends, prepayments, defaults, severity, OAS, variability in bond cashflows, and comparisons with other markets
- Review and create weekly research on Securitized Products; apply findings to pricing methodology and assumptions
- Handle customer queries on pricing, methodology and other related matters
- Be able to work within Securitized Products and the broader organization to effectuate change and identify cross-selling or synergistic opportunities
- Ability to multi-task and enhance the group's productivity by leveraging automation where applicable
- Work with the Markit development team to build out and improve daily processes and enhance internal systems
- Degree in Finance, Math, Engineering, Accounting, Economics is preferred
- Strong Excel and technical skills are mandatory
- Prior background in securitized products or fixed income is preferred
- Prior experience with Intex Calc, Trepp, eMBS, Andrew Davidson, Markit preferred
- VBA / SQL a plus but not required
- 4-6 years of related job experience
- Detail oriented enough to build high quality, superior products, but commercial enough to be focused on the building the business and satisfying clients
- Ability to work and function in high pressured situations
- Must be a self-starter and team player and maintain a strong work ethic
- Ability to digest market information and articulate to all levels in a structured and understandable way
- Candidate must demonstrate strong speaking and writing skills, and will be called upon to deal with client price challenges in a professional manner, clearly articulating our methodology and response to inquiries about pricing levels
- Must be willing and able to work effectively with others within the team and across other products
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.