M&A Strategy & Due Diligence, ATHS Industry- Senior Manager
M&A - M&A Strategy & DueDiligence, Consumer ATHS Industry Consulting Senior Manager
The Consumerindustry is focused on serving the changing consumer, who has rapidly evolvingneeds, behaviors and preferences for products, services, and experiences. Our Automotive,Transportation, Hospitality & Services
sector is going through anunprecedented period of significant evolution and opportunity with silos beingbroken down and an increased focus on the customer experience. Organizationsare building differentiated customer experiences and highly integrated supplychains while maintaining growth and profitability, which creates uniquechallenges to innovate, modernize technology, and transform their businessmodels.
M&A Strategy & Due Diligence - M&AStrategy is a first critical step in the Mergers and Acquisitionsprocess. Deloitte's M&A Strategy and Commercial Due Diligenceoffering works with senior executives to define how they employ M&A - inalignment with their corporate strategy - to drive profitable growth and enablethem to compete effectively in their industry. Knowing the where and how- where the company wants to compete and how it plans to win - is essential todefining an effective path and identifying strategic acquisition targets. Based on the client's corporate strategy, market expectations and correspondingportfolio gaps, we identify and assess targets based on meaningful screeningcriteria that can include a client's strategic objectives, potential synergies,organizational and cultural fit, and the feasibility of a deal. Through ourpre-deal due diligence support, we help companies understand the potential forvalue creation and what drives it. To ensure the transaction is successful, wealso support clients with pre-deal integration planning and overallcommunication of its rationale to stakeholders, markets, and customers. The Team
Deloitte provides end-to-end M&A advisoryofferings from early in the M&A life cycle (M&A Strategy, CommercialDiligence and Operational Diligence), through to integration as well as withdisciplines such as financial advisory, IT, and tax to provide broad-basedinformation that can inform the M&A strategy. M&A strategyofferings include corporate strategy, inorganic growth paths, target profilesand investment theses. Work You'll Do
You will lead and deliver large, complexclient engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business andtechnology solutions for large companies. Senior Managers are expected tocontribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways.
As a Senior Manager
youwill bring considerable technical, functional, and product expertise to delivereffective solutions to clients.
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manageengagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-inof proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time,quality delivery of work; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at keyclients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of theproposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricingstrategies
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop"thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate inpublic speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidanceinto the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment andretention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams andstaff in local offices
- Must have minimum of 8 years in M&A or M&A Service Delivery. SM's are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, responsibilities and skillsets include:
- M&A Expertise: Advise clients though execution of the M&A lifecycle of M&A strategy, operational due diligence, divestiture, integration, and restructuring; experience in Mergers & Acquisitions areas such as synergy capture, cost reduction, shared services, outsourcing, and process redesign.
- Industry Expertise: Advise clients on appropriate M&A strategies and leading solutions for a given industry; actively deliver latest and forward-thinking guidance specific to an industry, while maintaining up-to-date knowledge of M&A activity across a client's industry.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and concurrently overseeing client deliverables.
- Expertise in delivering high-quality program outcomes according to the scope, work plan, quality standards and budget.
- Experience teaming to generate sales on the order of $6-10 million annually
- Track record of serving clients in their pursuit of transactions valued no less than $2 billion
- History of managing complex transactions with teams of 25-50 consultants
- Global transactions experience, full-life cycle with strategy, due diligence, operations
- Prior experience identifying effective M&A solutions to meet key client needs, based on internal / external research and leading practices.
- Experience in setting strategic direction for complex analytics such as financial analysis and modeling, operational performance improvement analysis, and technology architecture assessment.
- Ability to support development of others by delivering key performance feedback, coaching and demonstrating role-model behavior.
- A Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- The ability to travel 100% is required
How you'll grow
- Strong oraland written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint,Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Superiorcritical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptionalinterpersonal, team-building, and communication skills.
- Ability tobuild consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings.
- Ability tolead large teams and own deliverables.
- Ability towork in an ambiguous environment.
- Strongproblem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise maturejudgment.
- Must livewithin commuting distance of one of Deloitte's consulting offices.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCSRMTM007-MA