M&A Associate - Consumer & Retail
At Lazard, Associates work as part of client teams which provide a wide range of services, including: general financial advice, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, special committee assignments, takeover defenses, corporate restructurings, strategic partnerships/joint ventures and advice on capital structure.
Lazard offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small deal teams on strategic and other assignments, providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives. Our Associates work in a generalist capacity spanning the consumer and retail industries.
Day-to-day activities of an Associate include: financial analysis and modeling, creating and preparing client presentations and marketing materials, interacting with clients, managing deal processes and providing guidance to and supervising Analysts, among other activities.
• Motivation to work as a team player and contribute to a positive team culture
• Comfort operating in an unstructured environment
• Three years of investment banking experience or recent MBA with exposure to investment banking from internship(s)
• Top academic performance
• Ability to manage junior bankers
• Strong quantitative background and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills