Long Term Private Capital, Administrative Assistant
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
About Long Term Private Capital Group (“LTPC Group”)
LTPC is a new investment strategy formed by BlackRock to make direct, long-term investments into high quality companies, following a buy and hold approach. The new strategy will provide institutional clients with an opportunity to invest in high-conviction, long-dated assets that are expected to generate stable returns. Such investment opportunities could include family-owned businesses, companies not suitable for public market listings, corporate spin-outs, or stakes in high quality, public companies. The team expects to raise $10-20 billion of assets that will be deployed over time.
BlackRock is seeking a qualified and experienced Administrative Assistant to join its newly established LTPC Group. The role, based in New York, will require the individual to provide support to the Head of LTPC as well as providing general administrative support to the office/team as necessary.
- Manage the calendar/diary for the Head of LTPC with heavy interaction with senior management and their assistants.
- Organize senior management meetings, which includes but is not limited to coordinating and scheduling audio and video conference calls across multiple international locations.
- Handle complex travel itineraries, including airline reservations, hotel accommodations, car rental reservations, car service arrangements, and office space reservations as needed (domestic and international).
- Proofread documents for appropriate grammar, punctuation, and spelling; creation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Process monthly corporate expenses, if needed, and submit invoices for payment to Accounts Payable.
- Work as a team with fellow administrative assistants to ensure effective management of office administration.
- Perform ad hoc projects and administrative duties as needed.
Experience & skills
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience as an assistant within a professional or financial services environment; prior experience in supporting senior management would be ideal. College degree preferred.
- Highly developed and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and handle competing requests.
- Proactive in preparing background materials, directions, and other items required for meetings.
- High level of energy, self-motivation, and determination to identify effective solutions and solve problems.
- Proven ability to ensure multiple tasks are completed within agreed timeframes and to the highest quality.
- Prior experience in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The ability to work effectively within a fast paced, matrix management environment with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated passion for teamwork and being an integral part of a successful team.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.