Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international metals trading house looking to hire a Logistics Specialist to join the commercial team in New York.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for/In charge of operations and logistic within the US, Canada and LATAM, dealing with contracts, documentation, invoicing, letters of credit and with a passion to develop skills into trading.
- Dealing with clients and customers directly, to ensure operations are dealt with effectively.
- Organising transportation activities, managing process from point of origin through to delivery of goods, tracking movement of goods and arranging services where necessary.
- Review all freight, trucking, rail shipments and logistics rates/costs to ensure products arrive timely and cost effective to the company.,
- Reports into Head of Operations
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in traffic and logistics/operations
- Background in dealing with base metals/non-ferrous metals or niche metals by-product (aluminum, nickel, zinc, raw materials, concentrates, copper, tin, lead)
- Attention to detail, strong communication and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Located in New York, US.