Liquidity Risk Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Credit Suisse is searching for a risk manager to cover aspects of liquidity & treasury risk for US entities and subsidiaries. Liquidity risk management's mandate includes liquidity risk identification at the product and trade level, limit setting and control monitoring, business challenge, stress test review and challenge, interpretation of regulatory guidance and reporting requirements and communication of all material liquidity risks to senior management in both risk and the business.
This role requires previous experience in liquidity risk or funding valuation risk or asset liability management preferably from a large global bank or broker dealer. Responsibilities:
- Analyze and monitor the Americas' liquidity position with respect to the risk appetite framework, and risk controls, at the subsidiary and branch levels.
- Daily independent review, monitoring, and commentary on the liquidity stress results across a variety of products, and legal entities.
- Keep current on regulations relating to Liquidity Risk management issued and reviewed by the FRB, OCC, SEC, FINRA, Basel committee on Banking Supervision (i.e. BCBS 368)
- Review Front Line Units and the Enterprise's governance processes to ensure Liquidity Risk taken is in accordance with the corporation's Risk Appetite and that the accurate risk framework is deployed to measure, manage and control the risk consistent with overall Enterprise.
- Participate in data analysis and material preparation for regulatory exams and ad hoc analysis including briefings to management on risk management issues.
- Coordinate with colleagues and subject matter specialists within the Businesses, Treasury, Risk, and the Reporting teams on both a local and global basis; partner with other control functions (i.e., ALM, Finance) to demonstrate reports, routines, processes and systems.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Detailed product knowledge of secured financing, derivatives and clearing of reverse repurchase, repurchase agreements and derivatives
- Shown quantitative risk management experience, with a funding and liquidity risk focus is a plus!
- Treasury experience with exposure to liquidity risk and / or market risk coupled with good financial markets and balance sheet / accounting knowledge is preferable.
- Familiarity with the US regulatory landscape in the Americas and applicable rules / regulations is a plus!
- A proactive and dedicated personality with outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage effectively across a wide range of senior partners.
- Ability to learn and think independently and present views in an objective and credible manner.
- Committed, detailed oriented, hardworking and have the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.