- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18049673
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Research is seeking a Linguist for its Research Innovation Lab, a team of more than 30 professionals in the fields of data science, survey development, geospatial analysis, web scraping and product development. Based in New York, the successful candidate will play an essential role in implementing Citi's projects in natural language processing. These projects may include entity and relation detection, sentiment analysis, information extraction, document summarization, question answering, dialogue systems, and machine translation.
With industry-leading research on equities, fixed income, commodities, currencies, politics, and economics, Citi Research enjoys an unparalleled global presence, with roughly 1,000 employees in more than 30 office locations. Our clients include the world's leading institutional investors and high net worth individuals. Citi is one of the only global firms able to offer full waterfront research coverage across all asset classes and all regions around the world.
- Collecting and interpreting linguistic data in the financial domain
- Syntactic and semantic textual annotation
- Training and testing of machine learning models
- Writing rules for natural language processing
- Scripting to automate linguistic data tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication- must be a confident and effective communicator at all levels
- Results-oriented approach - ability to get things done
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to work with teams across multiple regions
- Accuracy and close attention to detail
- Strong organizational capabilities
- Ability to work effectively with demanding internal clients across multiple cultures and geographies
- Ability to achieve familiarity with financial domain subject matter
- Knowledge of linguistic theory including morphology, syntax, and semantics
- Fluency in English and preferably other natural languages
- Familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with a programming language such as Python or Java is desirable
- Familiarity with regular expressions
- Experience testing recall and precision
- Experience with syntactic parsing, semantic parsing desirable
- Software development tools such as JIRA and Git
- Master's degree or Ph.D. studies (including ABD) in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics or related discipline
- Research publications or conference presentations in linguistics desirable
- 3+ years of experience in natural language processing