Liability Driven Investment (LDI) Strategist
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Client Solutions team spans the globe, working with clients to address their fundamental investment challenges. Many of our clients are BlackRock’s largest institutional clients and the outcomes they seek are complex and often challenging to achieve. We partner with them, always acting as a fiduciary, and work hard to achieve their investment goals.
Client Solutions delivers BlackRock’s Fiduciary or Outsourced CIO services on an open architecture basis, using both BlackRock and external investment capabilities. We also manage largescale liability management strategies, advising pension funds and insurers on their overall investment and risk management strategies. We have built in-house expertise to assist clients in tackling challenges due to changes in industry regulations. We also advise clients, either on specific topics or on longer-term issues, helping them to understand the complex world of investments, risk management and governance.
We author valuable Thought Leadership grounded in strategic asset allocation decision-making. This work informs the design, construction and execution of investment solutions that help our clients achieve their long-term objectives. Client Solutions manages over $400 billion and advises on over $1 trillion in assets. We capitalize on our broad set of skills and investment experience, leverage BlackRock’s substantial technology platform, and think innovatively to deliver performance for our clients. This important and fascinating work is at the very center of a quickly evolving asset management industry.
Client Solutions is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce regardless of race, national origin, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, or religion or belief. We are passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees are valued and respected. Consistent with our diverse client base, we recognize the benefit that diverse teams bring to the success of our business.
Who we are
The LDI solutions team is a specialist, product agnostic advisory and structuring team which focuses on pension clients and serves the entire BlackRock platform. We collaborate and inform BlackRock’s engagement with senior management at corporations to understand the issues our clients face. In collaboration with implementation teams across the firm we design investment and risk management strategies, and provide advisory services that are specifically tailored for pensions.
What you will be doing:
- Engaging with the investment offices of existing and prospective clients to understand the nature of the client’s investment problem and their outcome objectives;
- Presenting credible, innovative, investment and risk management solutions that meet current and prospective client requirements;
- Advising on topics including risk management, risk budgeting, asset allocation, portfolio construction, and liability-driven investing;
- Day-to-day client engagement (i.e. training and educating, delivering mandate and market updates, resolving client requests);
- Contributing to new product design, as well as the enhancement of existing product offerings and servicing;
- Deliver client presentations based on new ideas in portfolio construction and risk management;
- Compose articles and white papers on relevant topics of interest;
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the full suite of solutions offered by Client Solutions, and the products managed by other investment areas within BlackRock;
- Maintaining and developing knowledge of the broader themes, trends, and competitive landscape within the US institutional client universe;
- Developing and maintaining strong partnership with the Institutional Client Business Group and the Global Consultant Relations teams who have primarily responsibility for managing and developing BlackRock’s client and consulting relationships.
What you should have
- Degree or higher level qualification and demonstrated record of academic achievement;
- 7+ years of asset management experience, preferably across multiple asset classes and investment disciplines;
- Excellent knowledge of US corporate pensions, their liabilities, and the regulatory / accounting constraints under which they operate;
- The skills commensurate with holding an actuarial, investment, risk management or technical role in an asset management, investment banking or investment consulting environment;
- A core understanding of the operation and applicability of derivatives to pension clients;
- Familiarity with a wide array of institutional investment strategies such as risk parity, alternatives, with a particular strength in long duration fixed income;
- Excellent communication skills in writing and speech; capable of connecting with multiple audiences and adapting style of communication in real time;
- Ability to present and articulate complex concepts simply;
- Experience preparing responses to RFIs and RFPs;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- High level of self-motivation, ownership and initiative;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Excellent team player;
- Not afraid to immerse oneself deeply into a financial model or analysis;
- Achievement of CFA, FRM, FSA or equivalent qualifications a plus;
- Some technology/IT/modeling competency a plus.
What you must be
- Curious to challenge the status quo, as well as the quality and accuracy of information;
- Analytically strong, organizational and calm under pressure;
- A fiduciary, maintaining integrity in every aspect of performance;
- Self-motivated, driving projects forward with little supervision;
- Able to build trusting relationships quickly;
- A mentor, experienced at developing and teaching junior talent;
- A clear communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity a
nd Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.