- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 25 Apr 18
Leveraged Lending Attorney (#110489)
Based in New York, the position involves providing legal advice to Credit Suisse's market leading loan origination franchise, and specifically to the Corporate Banking, Leveraged Finance Capital Markets and Recovery Management Groups in the U.S. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide transactional support for the loan origination product.
- Review and negotiate commitment letters and engagement letters and advise on various lending agreements, including secured and unsecured credit facilities, bridge financings, and syndicated financings and participations, and credit enhancement products, such as letters of credit and liquidity support documents. Assist with loan secondary trading documentation such as assignment and participation agreements.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with outside counsel supporting corporate lending transactions.
- Provide transactional and support to General Counsel colleagues on transactions and initiatives that involve banking products.
- P rovide legal and regulatory advice in connection with new business initiatives that involve banking products.
- Provide legal advice on cross-border and emerging markets lending activities.
- Work closely with Regional Oversight, general counsel management, credit risk management, general counsel colleagues and Compliance colleagues on any issues involving bank regulators.
- Monitor and comment on legislative and regulatory proposals and judicial developments. Work with Compliance to develop policies and procedures to proactively address business and industry changes.
- Conduct, together with Compliance colleagues, the Firm's legal and compliance training programs for corporate banking employees and other employees requiring training in bank regulatory matters.
- Participate in industry working groups, including the Loan Syndications and Trading Association (LSTA).
- The candidate should be a qualified U.S. Lawyer with 10+ years of corporate transactional experience (preferably with a primary focus on corporate banking matters) with a prominent U.S. law firm and/or investment or commercial bank.
- The successful candidate will possess strong negotiating, drafting and interpersonal skills and be willing to assume significant responsibility, including interaction with Credit Suisse's senior management and other members of the general counsel division.
- Excellent scholastic achievement at a major U.S. law school.
- Member of New York Bar.