Leveraged Finance Vice President
Leveraged Finance Vice President New York
As a Barclays Leveraged Finance Vice President you will be tasked with carrying out credit analysis, sanctioning credit limits and ultimately approving credit risk for all leveraged finance obligors domiciled within North America and operating within their respective industry sectors. You will also ensure continued growth of the business without incurring unmanageable risks.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Maintaining integrity of credit risk function whilst ensuring that the team continues to fully support Front Office relationship and sales staff
• Preparing credit papers for new transactions, annual reviews, and quarterly reviews/ Watchlist reports for submission for approval through relevant discretion processes
• Assisting in the preparation of Global/ Reporting Industry reviews
• Ensuring that the approvals are within the defined Limits and Mandate and Scale set for the Sector
• Engage in assessing and making recommendations of proposals received from business development/ product areas
• Staying current with financial analysis and risk profile of the assigned sector, borrowers and counterparties
• Alerting senior management to negative developments and trends within the assigned sectors and clients What we're looking for:
• Extensive experience in credit risk or relevant experience, preferably gained at a major institution, covering Leveraged and/ or Sub-Investment Grade clients
• Excellent understanding of corporate finance and banking products
• Excellent product and industry knowledge
• Independent problem solving skills Skills that will help you in the role:
• An MBA, CPA, or CFA and Formal Credit training is helpful but not required
• Possess good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas
• Knowledge of Loan, High Yield and derivatives documentation Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
LI - RM2021