Leveraged Finance Capital Markets - Associate/VP
The Leveraged Finance Capital Markets candidate will play an important part in helping to structure and execute new issue leveraged transactions by working with both industry and product bankers and the leveraged finance sales force. The group is comprised of professionals who execute both High Yield Bonds and Leveraged Loans. The Leveraged Finance Capital Markets Group offers the candidate the unique opportunity to work with every industry group within the firm, as well as gain exposure to senior management of a multitude of companies.
The Leveraged Finance Capital Markets group affords the opportunity to work directly with senior bankers during the structuring phase of a pitch and on live transactions. In addition, the candidate will have direct contact with sales, trading, research and exposure to our institutional account base. The successful execution of a leveraged finance transaction draws on the integrity and accurateness of the candidate's work. They are expected to understand the implications of the market, identify key trends in the marketplace, and be accretive to the group from day one by contributing to the group's discourse. Candidates are encouraged to think creatively and pursue their projects with excellence while embracing a collaborative spirit. Responsibilities:
• Working with senior members of the team to screen new transactions
• Working with investment banking to prep new deals for marketing
• Talking to investors to help sell deals and answer their questions
• Working with sales to make sure deals are being sold properly and broadly
• Speaking to lawyers to work through documentation - credit agreements, indentures, etc
• Talking to traders to understand market technicals - both broad and company specific
• Tracking current market statistics including deals in the market and priced transactions
• Helping design the marketing strategy with execution teams and our account base
• Supporting the group with research on comparable transactions for pitches and the selling and structuring of bond and loan transactions
• Provide research and statistics to potential clients
• Interact with sales force and account base in answering diligence questions
• The work is fast paced, intense and intellectually stimulating. Qualifications
• 4+ years of capital markets or investment banking experience required, leveraged finance or restructuring experience is preferred
• Possession of Series 7, 79 and 63 licenses or ability to complete exams during the first months on the desk
• Be able to multitask and manage a variety of projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate professionalism and client management skills together with strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, be adaptable and work both independently and as part of a team are essential traits of a successful candidate.
• Strong academic background and a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.