Leveraged Finance Analyst
As a Barclays Leveraged Finance Analyst you will be a part of the Wholesale Credit Sanctioning (WCS) Americas Leveraged Finance Team. Your team will be responsible for carrying out credit analysis, sanctioning credit limits and ultimately approving credit risk for all leveraged finance obligors domiciled within North America and operating within their respective industry sectors.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Maintaining integrity of credit risk function whilst ensuring that the team continues to fully support Front Office relationship and sales staff
• Preparing credit papers for new transactions, annual reviews, and quarterly reviews/Watchlist
• Being responsible for prudent and appropriate use of delegated discretion to approve the granting of credit approval in accordance with Bank policy
• Ensuring that the approvals are within the defined Limits and Mandate and Scale set for the Sector
• Engaging in assessing and making recommendations of proposals received from business development/product areas
• Staying current with financial analysis and risk profile of the assigned sector, borrowers and counterparties
• Alerting senior management to negative developments and trends within the assigned sectors and clients What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics preferred
• Experience in credit risk or relevant experience, covering both Investment Grade and Leveraged and/or Sub-Investment Grade clients
• Good understanding of corporate finance and banking products
• Product and industry knowledge Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Loan, High Yield and derivatives documentation
• MBA, CPA, or CFA and Formal Credit training preferred
• Independent problem solving skills
• Team player Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.