Leveraged Finance AVP
Leveraged Finance Credit Risk Americas - AVP
As a Barclays Leveraged Finance Credit Risk AVP you will be a part of the Wholesale Credit Sanctioning (WCS) Americas Leveraged Finance Team, which is tasked with carrying out credit analysis, sanctioning credit limits and ultimately approving credit risk for all leveraged finance obligors domiciled within North America and operating within their respective industry sectors.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Maintaining integrity of credit risk function whilst ensuring that the team continues to fully support Front Office relationship and sales staff
• Preparing credit papers for new transactions, annual reviews, and quarterly reviews/Watchlist
• Engaging in assessing and making recommendations of proposals received from business development/product areas
• Ensuring that the approvals are within the defined Limits and Mandate and Scale set for the Sector
• Engage in assessing and making recommendations of proposals received from business development/product areas
• Staying current with financial analysis and risk profile of the assigned sector, borrowers and counterparties
• Alerting senior management to negative developments and trends within the assigned sectors and clients What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics preferred
• Considerable experience in credit risk or relevant experience, covering both Investment Grade and Leveraged and/or Sub-Investment Grade clients
• Solid understanding of corporate finance and banking products
• Product and industry knowledge Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Loan, High Yield and derivatives documentation
• MBA, CPA, or CFA and Formal Credit training preferred
• Independent problem solving skills
• High degree of self-motivation Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details. About Barclays
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group. Our Values
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it. Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals. Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays' key UK location from that advertised.