Lev Fin Product Strategy, Vice President
Description About this role
BlackRock manages assets for a range of investment products - equity, fixed income, liquidity and alternative investments-each supported by dedicated resources spanning portfolio management, trading, research and product strategy. The firm's Global Credit Platform spans Leveraged Finance, Multi-Strategy, Liquid Alternatives and Private Credit Strategies. With over $130 billion in assets under management, the Platform offers an array of liquid and private credit investment solutions designed to meet bespoke client needs across the risk &return spectrum.
This candidate would be working most closely with the high yield bond and bank loan franchises. More specifically, supporting existing client relationships for our expansive comingled fund business. Role
: Product Strategist focused on our Leveraged Finance investment strategies with focus on high yield bond and leveraged loan portfolios. Responsibilities:
The candidate should exhibit:
- Champion the strategic growth of BlackRock's Leveraged Finance platform through current client relationship management and in seeking new business opportunities.
- Support the senior members of the Product Strategy team in disseminating information and data regarding funds and answer questions pertaining to broader leveraged finance markets.
- Partner and foster professional relationships with sales and marketing teams to raise awareness around the asset class and our bespoke capabilities.
- Prepare for client meetings, to include updating presentation materials, portfolio review and market update slides and. Eventually, lead certain client-facing meetings independently.
- Contribute to new business opportunities, including RFP submissions, guideline drafting, and model portfolio creation.
- Support relationship management teams in client onboarding and servicing activities
- Competitive analysis and research.
- Support ad hoc market research and contribute to articles and thought leadership pieces/ white papers
- Closely follow leveraged finance and related markets, current events and investment trends
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement, work ethic and leadership
- Strong analytical/quantitative proficiency, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities including advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Keen interest in financial markets, financial institutions and the leveraged finance markets in particular
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to synthesize complex ideas
- Superior organizational skills, self-starter and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work with "emotional ownership" of our platform within a fast-paced, focused environment.
- Desire to foster a deep understanding of our clients and their individual needs.
- Ability to synthesize data from BlackRock's proprietary analytical systems in a way that is easy to understand and relevant for client discussions
- Self-starter who can work effectively and collaboratively with a team as well as independently, with a willingness to take ownership of projects when given the opportunity
- BA/BS Required
- 5 - 7 of financial services or asset management experience, ideally within a client-facing and/or role within the US Leveraged Finance markets.
- Previous experience with leveraged finance markets from an underwriting, trading, or marketing perspective.
- Previous experience with fund/SMA structuring and launch for both US and Offshore clients a plus.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.