Legal and Compliance - Investor Communications and Marketing Materials, Associate
Job Description: Associate - Legal and Compliance Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $551 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Business Unit:
Legal and Compliance - Investor Communications and Marketing Materials Job Title:
Associate Job Description:
The Associate will work closely with the members of a new marketing and investor communications team, as well as others on Blackstone's global Legal and Compliance (L&C) team.
The Associate will be a member of a new investor communications and marketing team, which will serve as the primary day to day counsel to the Investor Relations and Business Development groups (IRBD) across all business units within Blackstone with respect to marketing materials and other communications and documents provided to investors. In this capacity, the Associate will assist with legal and compliance matters that arise in connection with investor suitability, domestic and global marketing registration, marketing material compliance review, and investor communications. Initially, the Associate will focus on Blackstone's Private Equity/Infrastructure/Tactical Opportunities groups, with the goal of providing support to a broader range of products through the marketing and investor communications team at a later date. More specifically, the Associate will:
- Review marketing materials, due diligence responses, investor communications and other fundraising and reporting related materials across various investment strategies from a legal, regulatory and compliance perspective
- Manage the L&C relationship with IRBD
- Provide support relating to materials responsive to existing investors' legal and compliance-related requests
- Assist in maintaining internal policies and procedures and current regulatory guidance with respect to marketing
- Develop educational materials and trainings for IRBD business professionals with respect to marketing and fundraising regulations and protocols
- Assist in assessing current and prospective regulatory risk through industry interaction and research
- Assist with other day-to-day legal and compliance matters if/as needed
In addition, the Associate will have the opportunity to interact with legal and compliance teams dedicated to Blackstone's various business units and geographic regions and may assist those teams on projects. Qualifications:
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. More specifically, the successful candidate should have:
- Seeking 2-4 years of prior experience at a law firm and/or investment management firm
- Prior experience in a compliance role and/or J.D. required
- Understanding of the Advisers Act and FINRA regulations required
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong drafting and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively
- Ability to work independently while remaining a strong team player
- Ability to interpret legal and business terms
- Substantial initiative, creativity and drive
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.